Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for some front brake pads for my 2005 C50 and I'm very confused. Looking on Amazon, there are pages and pages of brake pads that look very different from each other, some only selling only the right side pad, some only left side and the prices are all over the place.

I'm just looking for some decent ones to replace the stock that have probably been on there since it was new. Can you guys please point me in the right direction? Thanks.

·
Registered
19,499 Posts
Really.... Just go to a dealer. Pay a little more and get the RIGHT thing the first time....

·
Registered
452 Posts
These are what I used. Available from any number of suppliers.

EBC Double-H Sintered Metal Brake Pads - FA231HH

Good hunting

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't know the C50's only have brake pads on one side of the rotor? I've never seen a bike with only 1 pad for brakes. ****. Learn something new every day.

·
Registered
19,499 Posts
I didn't know the C50's only have brake pads on one side of the rotor? I've never seen a bike with only 1 pad for brakes. ****. Learn something new every day.
No. There are pads on both sides of the rotor. If your bike only has one, something is seriously wrong!

·
The Village Idiot
5,017 Posts
There is only one set of brakes on the front; however, they do have 2 brake pads. You get both when you order them. From the looks of them, they appear to be made that you can't really put them on backwards?

·
Registered
99 Posts
"Skrapiron" is correct. It would be a huge issue if only one brake pad was attached !!! I am sure your bike would scream at you as soon as you activated the front brake with only one pad.
And yes - they only go in one way - just take note how the old ones come out and you should have no problem.

When ordering ensure you order the item you choose says PADS (with an S!!! ) and not PAD as they are sold individually as well.

As "Jeffrobombero" states - get a torque wrench and install them according to specs. I think its 28 ft/lb in the service manual, but you will need to confirm that number.

"Radiman"....Located in Canada ?
Here is a link if you are;

EBC Double-H Sintered Brake Pads - Canada's Motorcycle

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all for the info. I ordered a set of pads from Amazon for $35. Should be here tomorrow. My confusion was stemming from the fact that not all the pictures and thumbnails of the FA231HH are of the actual product itself. I guess they just stick a generic picture up sometimes. Will be doing the swap this weekend.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I just put a set on my bike they brake well but are noisy even after 300 miles of bedding in. Does this go away?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts