Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was pretty simple...easily a one man job compared to the heavier HK's. I like the look for sure...come back a little farther than they looked like they did in the ads...which is fine by me. Billet end caps are beautiful and I really like the fact the heat shields are separate....you could replace one or both if you had dings and scratches without redoing the whole exhaust.

I am riding this afternoon, but some early notes.
1) They are a little quieter and a little lower in tone than the HK's.

2) Part of my problem with the HK's might have been a crush gasket. I didn't replace when I put those on and they looked in bad shape when I pulled them. Might have been part of the tinny sound issue.

3) For the money (I have $410 in these shipped to my door) I think these are great pipes.

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
NICE.....if you wrap the baffles then they get even deeper.

I loved those pipes on my bike!!!!!!

(I like the bags too!!!!!)

·
Registered
16 Posts
i really loved the look of the big straights on your bike... and now i think these look just as good if not better. I am getting a set of big straights for my bike, hopefully i am happy.

sweet looking bike!!

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all!!! I got about 2 hours of riding in this afternoon and I am very happy. Doesn't have that...."I am a bad mutha...." loudness that the HK's had but it still has kind of a ground pounding dragster like sound I like. Need to adjust the FI2000 a bit cause I have a few dead spots but overall i am very pleased with the look and sound.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Wow, those look great. Maybe I ought t quit waiting around for Roadhouse and go with those. Looks like they hang quite a bit closer to the ground than stock. Any issues with dragging?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SuperDuty said:
Wow, those look great. Maybe I ought t quit waiting around for Roadhouse and go with those. Looks like they hang quite a bit closer to the ground than stock. Any issues with dragging?
Not that I have noticed yet...still early so I will let someone else chime in if they have them. I was impressed that they fit very tight to the bike thanks to the fact they provide you a completely new mounting arm. I think they would be fine.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Those look great, awesome pics. And you're right, they look longer than what I thought they did from the website. I've been seriously considering those, although trying to hold out for Dan to make the true duals. Your streetrods look mighty good though. :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Nice pipes

The pipes look great. I have a 04 volusia LE with the ghost flames and the Cobra Streetrods. I love them. One of the best mods I have done. Enjoy the new sound. VolusiaThornton

1 - 17 of 17 Posts