Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to sell the c50 soon, so I'm removing my aftermarket parts. I've got a cobra fi2000 (not the "r" model) the PO installed, and as I understand it, it should just be spliced in via t-tab connectors. I gotta drain/remove the gas tank to get to everything and verify, but I'm cringing at the thought of that dreaded connector under there again. Anywho, will this unit work on other bike models if I get the pot settings correct? I know the "r" models are bike specific due to the connectors typically, but if using a splice shouldn't it work on any other bike?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
I think they are bike specific and the pots are for fine tuning.

Seems like some one tried one that was off a C90 and it ran like crap.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got it removed without removing the tank thank God. Oddly enough, it was zip tied to internal wires but wasn't connected to anything at all. I'm going to verify the part number on the unit and make sure it's indeed for a C50, as it has specific connectors (unlike the t-tabs shown on their site for the non "r" model).

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
What does the bike have for intake and exhaust ? Any modification ?

Maybe somebody tried it and didn't like it. Don't know why they'd go to all the trouble of zip tying it in place and then not plug it in.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's got an aftermarket exhaust (RoadBurner I think?), but there's no modification done to the intake. No telling if PO had modded it before or the lack of intake modding made them disconnect it. I thought it was a tri-pot fi2000 since it didn't say "r", but since it does have the OEM connectors it must be an "r" version. Cobra's site doesn't show "r" on their images either so I must've been mistaken (??). I'll be posting it soon in the for sale forum...

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts