Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Cobra exhaust tips are flaking. Instead of buying new ones I was thinking of getting them re-chromed or powdercoated. Might be cheaper that way?? If I do that, can I ride the bike with the tips off or will the baffles slip out? I looked up the pipe and it does not look like they would move but just to make sure.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Cobra has a lifetime warranty - call them and see if they will replace the tips. I lost one once and they sent me a replacement at no charge, no questions asked.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Does cobra have any such thing as an extended exhaust tip which would bring their pipes to the edge of the fender?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cobra has a lifetime warranty - call them and see if they will replace the tips. I lost one once and they sent me a replacement at no charge, no questions asked.
Really!? I'll give it a shot. Thanks dsmitty.

Does cobra have any such thing as an extended exhaust tip which would bring their pipes to the edge of the fender?
I haven't looked to be honest.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I called Cobra and they will replace the exhaust tips if I show them proof of purchase. I bought the bike used with the pipes already on it and the PO doesn't have the receipt so I'm arse-out of luck. :blackeye:

I can run the bike without the tips, no? I looked at the baffles and I don't think they would fall out. I'm thinking about having them re-chromed or maybe powder coated black but in the meantime I still want to ride this steed.

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
did you ask about a price for new ones?
iirc they are about $30 a peice

im missing a tip, bought the bike that way, and the baffle hasn't fallen out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts