Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all! Brain picking time has come, noticed on last ride on my 2006 C50T while cruising on long section of [email protected] 55 mph I opened the throttle to pass a slow truck and sensed the clutch slipping then picking up speed. My bike has 12100m and shifts good going thru the gears. Time for new clutch or adjustments to old. Help!

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Harry. Hang in there, the smart guys will be along in awhile.

·
Registered
20,699 Posts
The clutch is mechanically operated and requires periodic adjustments not just at the handlebars, but also at the throwout lever in the transmission. This is caused by cable stretch and wear of the clutch linings so you need to take up the slack at both points. I typically did mine every 3500 miles to keep it in the same service interval as the oil changes. You can find the sticky at the top of Motors, Transmissions and Drives.

·
Super Moderator
30,491 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

The clutch is easy to rebuild and not too expensive. If it were me, I would rebuild it and then adjust it.

·
Registered
22,578 Posts
Aftermarket and think about springs also. I went with EBC for both.

·
Super Moderator
30,491 Posts
Just make sure you use a torque wrench on the bolts. The head will snap off with a lot less pressure than you'd think.

Please don't ask me how I know that.

·
Registered
2006 C50
23 Posts
Make sure you are using an Motorcycle oil. Once as a newbie, I just bought 10W-40 automotive oil. Things worked fine for while, then the clutch started slipping like yours. The dealership I bought it from finally suggested using their brand of oil. An oil change and 100 miles later, no problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts