Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,was out riding with the wife.I left the red light and shifted a few gears and my clutch cable popped the end off it.in the process of loading onto the trailer I wanted to rig up something to pull on the clutch so that I could crank it up to load it.I then noticed that the clutch wouldn't budge.does it sound like the clutch went out or the springs?I have haven't had any slippageup to this point.thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
3,197 Posts
Ok,was out riding with the wife.I left the red light and shifted a few gears and my clutch cable popped the end off it.in the process of loading onto the trailer I wanted to rig up something to pull on the clutch so that I could crank it up to load it.I then noticed that the clutch wouldn't budge.does it sound like the clutch went out or the springs?I have haven't had any slippageup to this point.thanks in advance
Your lever provides something in the order of a 10-15 to 1 mechanical advantage in order for your hand to release the clutch with any amount of control.... that is something that you would have to really really really work at to accomplish with a direct pull.

It is likely that your only problem is the frayed and broken clutch cable.... not to say that you won't discover additional problems but you likely won't identify them until you replace the cable.

Make sure that you go through a complete clutch adjustment when you replace the cable.... http://www.volusiariders.com/58-motors-transmissions-drives/170041-free-perfect-your-clutch-manual-page.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts