Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

Clubman bars and Baron risers installed

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  SJ86 
#1 ·
Hey all, just finished switching out the bars on my C50 and thought I'd share the results. While I appreciate the look of the factory beach bars, they hit my legs on tight turns, cuz I'm a damn giant. After getting my Victory and loving the bar setup on that, I was inspired to try something different on my C50.

I bought the bars off Amazon for cheap, like $40. I installed them in the factory risers... And holy leaned forward Batman! This would not do, so I looked around for risers. I was going to buy cheap Chinese risers as well, but the reviews were not great. And I had a $100 Amazon gift card, so I ponied up for the Baron 4.5" pullbacks. They list for $150, but I got them for $50 with the card. This put the bars in a great spot. The Chinese knock off risers run about $40-50, so total investment would've been the same. The Baron risers are really, really nice.

Some things I learned: once the stock bars are replaced with something shorter, this in itself frees up a lot of cable length. I probably could have went with 5.5" risers with these bars. Any info I could find on pullbacks said it was tight with the cables when installing 4.5" ones but that's with the stock bars. I also learned that removing the switch gear and rh cable assembly from the stock bars is way easier when they are unbolted from the risers and can be moved around. Final lesson, cheap universal bars don't have the holes in them that the switch gear lock into. Locating and drilling these holes was by far the hardest part of the install, and really not that hard. I've made some minor adjustments since I took the pics, but here you go!

See less See more
Reactions: SJ86
#2 ·
After I ordered my bars I found a set of 7" ape hangers, if I was to do it all again, I might try those with these risers. I think this would almost be an exact mimic if the factory bars on my Kingpin. But I'm not sure if the cables would reach.

Reactions: SJ86
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.