Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ha...I guess when Google Maps says "Closed Winters"...they aren't kidding!!
Some pics from a little adventure my brother-in-law and I took today on the tail end of our route from Hampden MA to Stafford CT:

Here's the good part of the road:

Yep, that was a great ride....that I'll never do again!!!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What was your average speed?
Through the puddle or on the small boulder road? I don't think I left second gear for the 2 or 3 miles of the part that wasn't paved. That road got RFD-rural real fast.

·
Administrator
29,600 Posts
I was just there and you didnt show me this road. I live for these.

·
Administrator
29,600 Posts
I WAS up... I was jst lolligagging over in the murder hotel. Had I known their was an ADV ride I would have been up at 530.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I ended up on one like that in the NC mountains one time. Those rides make for great memories!

·
Registered
8,326 Posts
I took one of those once.......wasn't just "closed in winter" but had been closed for 10-15 years. Three C-50s and one V-Star. About 19 miles and everyone and their dog was also on the road. It took most of the afternoon to ride and several weeks to get all the mud off the bike. A fun ride.............remember that one Charlie?

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I remember the "mountain loop" well. You, Larry & Jennis, and I. Took me weeks to get all the mud out from underneath. The coolest part was passing those adventure touring/enduros going the other way. They looked at us as if we were all totally crazy. Up to that point, I was feeling it was crazy, but after we passed them, everything felt just right....except the mud

Duffy - Frederickson Flier - Flying J Lady

·
Registered
579 Posts
road closed

Kind of reminds me of the time we were deer hunting and two game wardens came up a dirt road behind us. After checking our licenses (we were all legal) they asked if the fork in the road went thru and my brother said no. When they said well our map shows it does my brother(who had lived around there for 40 years) piped up and said oh yeah you're right..forgot where we were..... This was several years ago in southern Ohio and those game wardens might still be trying to figure out where they are:biglaugh:

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Sounds like fun. These bikes will do more than scoot around town. I've been off the black top a few times... can be fun. Last year, a friend of mine wasn't so sure about heading off onto the dirt road but the views were worth it and we both had a good time. Then, I had to help him get out of the weeds when he messed up his u-turn on the blacktop...lol Funny to have more trouble on the blacktop than on the dirt road.

How tired were you after the ride? Takes a little more concentration for me on those roads.

·
Registered
8,326 Posts
It did take quite a bit of concentration to keep the bike up-right and out of the deep ruts. It was fun though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts