81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
All the best Dude... Get better fast!

·
Registered
413 Posts
You are proof of the power of positive thinking. I hope you fully recover and enjoy your motorcycle again.

·
Premium Member
2,893 Posts
CliffRider
Sorry to hear of your troubles. I just said a little prayer for you and your family. Glad you are proving the docs wrong.

God Bless

·
Premium Member
9,059 Posts
Thanks for updating your situation ............. something good has to come your way from this and I'm hoping it does............soon!

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Hi Cliff,
Sorry...I'm a late last year member of the forum, so didn't know of your accident. I'm sad to hear this. I too have had a near miss with death a few years back. Albeit mine wasn't as drastic of change as yours. Regardless, thanks for sharing your hope with us/me. I look forward to hearing you back in the saddle again!

Thoughts and prayers will be with you fellow VR!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Just come across this, hope you finally get to where you want to be.

I am constantly amazed at the stories of poor medical cover and Insurance companies screwing people for the sake of a few bucks profit.

In Oz, we have free, unlimited medical cover for ALL, in addition we have the Traffic Accident Commission which provides anyone that has been a victim of a vehicle accident every service they need, e.g. rehab, assistance with accessibility, transport etc.

I'm stunned that any government does not provide this for all as a basic right.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
OzRIder... I agree with you 100%... I too, believe it is a human right... but here in America, this has turned into one CRAZY issue. Almost every civilized nation in the world offers govt. run Healthcare... but here, we spend more than any country in the world on private healthcare (extremely PROFITABLE companies with CEO's making tens of millions a year, HIGH % overhead) yet, we're way down on the "healthy nation" list...

and it is a hot topic political football with most NOT wanting it... misconceptions abound. I dunno....

81 - 89 of 89 Posts