Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2007 C50 is sick!!! no really, it is sick!!! been in the shop (2 different ones for the past 4 months) I have had everything from a valve adjustment, Fuel assembly, and injectors replaced.... Now, they finally ran a diagnostic that Suzuki had them run and it seems the Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor is bad.... The shop cannot find it in their parts diagram and I have looked all over the web for it and have had no luck... Does anyone know the part number to a CKP sensor for a 2007 Suzuki C50??? I assume most are the same, but what do I know.... Any help would be appreciated!!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
An 05 service manual states:
SENSORS

CKP SENSOR INSPECTION

The crankshaft position sensor is installed in the generator cover. ($14-46)

CKP SENSOR REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION

• Remove the generator cover. ($3-18)

• Install the generator cover in the reverse order of removal.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the assists but that wasn't really what I was asking... I was looking for the part number.... And after calling Suzuki Corporate here in America, I have my answer... For those of you looking for the Crankshaft positioning (CKP) sensor.... Don't!!! It is part of the Stator assembly and cannot be purchased separately...The part for the 2007 C50 is: STATOR ASSY 32101-41F10 $275.00 - $350.00... Which bite the big one.....

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
see if anyone parting out a bike has one

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@mdram Sounds good, but since My bike is in the shop already, and spent way too much time and money on this to turn back... Think I'm just going to order a new one.... That should keep me going for another 60K I hope....But that is a great Idea for next time....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hoping to get it back a week from today... As much as I hate it here in South Fl. We have great riding weather year round... Even during rainy season!!! Thanks for all the reponses, I'll be back in the saddle soon!!

Reactions: RellaLou

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
You might want to do some more research. If it is the part that is also called the signal generator. Then there is a Yamaha one that should work.

She won't fire and I think it's the "pickup coil"..what now?

Courtesy of Forum member "pmedic687"
A few weeks ago I posted, "She won't fire". I was told to start by replacing the "pick up coil" I was given a site to buy one that was actually designed for the Yamaha grizzly or raptor 660. It looked identical, wires were even the same color. I installed it matching the wire colors which were a light green and dark blue. Cranked it over and it fired. Ok here is my problem. It is running like crap. Back fires, pops, hits on one cylinder half the time, shoot fire out the exhausts. Could the wires be wrong? it sounds like it is out of time.
Update: Problem solved! It was as indicated. If you buy the pick up coil from : http://www.rickystator.com/catalog/yamaha-warrior-pickup-coil-p-147.html
The wiring is backwards of how it looks. In my case both pick ups had a green and a blue wire, on the OEM and the replacement At the connector the wires were light brown and green. Once I switched them she runs goooooooooood. Thank you everyone for your input. Chalk another problem solved to the group!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.