Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking around a lot to find a chrome triple tree cover, all the ones that i can find are for the volusia and not for the c50. Whats the difference they should be the same right? Any ideas would be great!!!!

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
unless it has a year range ( Ie 2001-2004) a VL800 is a volusia and a C50.
anything listed for 2005 and up is C50

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Boxwrench said:
unless it has a year range ( Ie 2001-2004) a VL800 is a volusia and a C50.
anything listed for 2005 and up is C50
Both the Volusia and the C50 are a VL800 !

01-04 is a Suzuki Intruder Volusia (VL800)
05-08 is a Suzuki Boulevard C-50 (VL800)

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
decked c50 said:
jp cycles carries the cover for about 50.00 is for the vl800. it fits the c-50 also.
I dont think there were any changes between the 2 atleast not on that part

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried to order one through phat performance parts and they told me that it said for the vl800 only not the c50, which tells me that they have changed something on the tree?

·
Registered
849 Posts
I didn't file but used a rubber mallet to coerce the cover on. Unfortunately I have no photos up close.

B

·
Premium Member
11,858 Posts
mine is show chrome brand, purchased from cruiser customizing, and it fits just spanky on my '05 C50...takes some persuading, and will work best if you seat the side with the bolts first . i didn't file mine down - just put the cover over the bolt side first, then slide down the front side. put a towel on it, then hit it with a rubber mallet like it owes you money.

i also took a 32mm socket with an extension bar in it and put it over the stem nut, with a piece of vinyl in between, and smacked the living bejeezus out of it to completely seat it. if i'd used leather instead of vinyl under the socket, i wouldn't have had to cover the gouge i took out of the cover )when the socket bit right through the vinyl) with a stem nut thermometer :wink:

cheers!

-mistress k

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
C50 ('05 and newer) top triple tree uses pinch bolts for the fork tubes, Volusia ('04 and older) used the fork tube caps to hold the tubes to the tree. Sounds like either can be "persuaded" to fit. I got a cover for a C50 from Phats Performance, it was a very snug fit, but I basically had no problem with it.
Viper

·
Registered
697 Posts
brian o said:
I didn't file but used a rubber mallet to coerce the cover on. Unfortunately I have no photos up close.

B
+1

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
i have the Vol triple tree cover on my 05 it works i also bought the stem covers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts