Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just put on my chrome neck cover and scratched it when my key got caught up in the ignition is there any way to buff it or cover it up with some kind of chrome touch up paint?? any ideas??

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
fryguy said:
just put on my chrome neck cover and scratched it when my key got caught up in the ignition is there any way to buff it or cover it up with some kind of chrome touch up paint?? any ideas??
arent those plastic? if so.. I dont think there is anything you can do cause trying to make it better will probably make it worse

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think i'm screwed i just had it on for one day now i cant stop stairing at the damm thing

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Not to be a smart ass but about all you can do is put a decal over it or ignor it. Any attempts to fix it will just make it uglier.

I was putting custom license plate bolts on when my wrench slipped and gouged the chrome on the plate mount. You ever try to kick your own ass? It's really hard to do. I know. :roll:

·
Registered
17,083 Posts
call it a beauty mark and keep on riding. Maybe wrap your key ring with some good ol NEOPRENE!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Touch up

If the scratch is that bad, you could try chrome paint.

What you would want to do is mask the cover very well except for the scratch. You want to expose only the scratch.
Hit it once, let it dry good and hit it again.

Any buffing or rubbing could cause some flaking.

If your scratch is not bad, I agree with the rest and just ignore it.

If really bad, the chrome paint can't make it worse.

·
Premium Member
28,465 Posts
I know it sucks but I would leave it alone. You'll probably regret any repair you try to make to it at this point and be even more unhappy with the results. :(

There is a member here who chromes plastic. You may want to contact him and see what he can do for you. He may even have some recommendations also.

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
u could strip it all and paint it chrome

·
Registered
825 Posts
2 ways to fix it.

1) - DRINK HEAVY AMOUNTS UNTIL YOU HARDLY SEE

2) - GO BUY ANOTHER ONE.

Tough luck buddy. I bought DD's for my bike of Ebay, ended up damaged (probably why they were cheap). Found a chroming place, but because they're all one, they couldn't re-chrome em).

Best of luck.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Its broke in now :wink: !....kinda like new sneekers...gotta get them dirty :lol: .Marks give character!!

·
Premium Member
5,046 Posts
Paint it black.
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Garym262 said:
Paint it black.
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:
you re sooo bad

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I have seen more than a few posts (and pics) of where someone has scratched thier neck cover abiet chrome or black. I know, my black cover get scratched in no time after I bought the bike. Since then I have switched to the chrome and only use the key now. I don't mind NOT having other trinkets hanging and swinging on my neck cover scracthing it up in the process. My covers are a good as new still. lesson learned.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
iron_cowboy said:
My covers are a good as new still. lesson learned.
Braggert ! :)

I have the black neck covers... cause I do have a leather keychain.. I have lost the key enough on rides, that I know for sure if I took the leather off I would be stuck out there on the road somewhere.... nope not me.. leather keychain and scratch black cover... works for me.... :wink:

ohhhh and Gary.... you know it... xoxoxo

1 - 16 of 16 Posts