Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Sorry im new in this forum stuff. Did i miss something?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Yes, read the posts from four posts up....or better yet start at the beginning.:biglaugh:

First off the ENTIRE THREAD is about modifying the stock rear fender.

Secondly your question about the seat was answered twice in the posts immediately preceding your post asking what kind of seat it is.

Now I dunno why noone ever gave the fella advice for what tool to use for hacking the fender down, but the easiest tool for the job is a plain ol hacksaw with a good (not cheapy) high tooth count blade. and Unless you're the bold type removing the rear tire makes it far less stressful and much easier, as does using masking tape as a cut guide and to make sure the cut will be symmetrical.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey! If I cut my rear fender do I need to lower the bike? Will lowering affect me and a rider? Can the tire hit the fender if you bottom out ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
My fender is cut just like Dirty Dawg's, except the rear is cut more parallel to the ground.
everyone has been cutting the rear fender it seems. There is alit of fender on the 04 vl 800 of which I own...but I git to looking at it and decided to not cut it but lower it...I took the back bolts out and pushed e fender down to were the to of fender was even to the support bars...redrilled tell holes and mounted it back.i think it really gives the rear end a different look it looks like a low rider really cool looking and then cut the front up..areally nice look .but it's all in the taste for things

21 - 31 of 31 Posts