Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am.gettin ready to chop myvrear fender.... 2001 vl800....gonna cut it right under the chrome on the fender where the saddlebag support bars go and come straight out n up n over to other side....ill elimnate all the excess rear fender and reloacte the signals and then mount a side.mount plate holder with built in brake light....Anyone ever done this and if so any advice? Also.....is there a front fender off another bike that will.fot.my front tire....somethin thin...like a sportster fender?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
83 Posts
Here is my 02 Volusia.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes dirty dawg just like that...this is a pic of my bike already lowered and ready to be chopped....i will be usin a dremmel with a cutting blade to do it... uploadfromtaptalk1348051245009.jpg

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also have a set of vance n hines to put on it .....what does the m50 or the m109 front fenders look like and what years would work??

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It seems it would be easier to cut with the fender on......and i assume.i trash the support fender or bracket under the fender?

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
It seems it would be easier to cut with the fender on......and i assume.i trash the support fender or bracket under the fender?

You'll need to trim the support bracket, but not trash it.

You can just barely see the bracket under the support rails on the side.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey dirty dawg...question....i am using a dremell and wanna know do i take the fender off to cut or leave it on....i assume u used a hacksaw to cut the support fender

·
Premium Member
8,031 Posts
My fender is cut just like Dirty Dawg's, except the rear is cut more parallel to the ground.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What tool did u all use to cut the fender?? I plan to use a dremell

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What tool did u use to cut it....i have a dremell...

·
Premium Member
8,031 Posts
What tool did u use to cut it....i have a dremell...
Wish I could help, but I have no idea. While I'm no stranger to a wrench, there are some things I'm not interested in doing (messing up). Someone else cut the fender, and I wasn't present when it happened.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do u know if they kept the support fender.on underneath or removed.it.

·
Premium Member
8,031 Posts
Do u know if they kept the support fender.on underneath or removed.it.
Support fender is definitely underneath it, and the fender is mounted in the stock position (stock fender holes).

If this helps, here's the directions I gave the guy on how to cut the fender... For the sides, I said to follow the line of the chrome struts, then cut straight back. For the back, I said to cut it in a straight line directly above the stock license plate holder holes.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts