Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to come here and ask for some advice... I have a 05 c50t and the stock bars are causing me to have numbness in my hands when I ride because I feel like I am pushing down on them....just seem too low. I wanted to go to a 10" ape but I have been thinking about some cheap ebay risers instead to kind of feel the situation out without going broke in the process! Has anyone installed the inexpensive (cheap) ebay risers on one of these? I just wondered what surprises might be lurking when I buy them! Thanks for any advice you can give on the subject.

·
Registered
14,387 Posts
I bought a pair of 5" risers for $29.99 on Ebay. They are 5" from base to top of riser and 3 1/2 " to middle of the handlebar to the base. And the were about another 1 1/2" of pullback. This was for my Road Star and they look great and seem to be of good construction . I am more than pleased with the quality.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Have you heard of Jim's Spacers? They are just 2 inch riser spacers, but only cost 20.00. You could give them a try and the rotate your handlebars up a little by loosening them a little at the riser top plate and just pull up, then tighten them back down.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for taking the time! I like the idea of spending $30-$40 instead of $140+ to see if I like the feel of higher bars. The risers I am buying a 6" with not a lot of pullback because I don't have any trouble reaching the bars, I just don't like the feeling of pushing down on them while I am riding. Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.