Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has a Ram drink mount and I am not impressed. A ball mount + the ram drink mount is pretty expensive. These baby stroller water bottle mounts can be found online for around $6-12. The mount can rest up against the triple tree for extra support. They are not self leveling (like the ram mount) so if the cup is fill to the brim it may spill a little on a corner. The only issue is that I had an empty cup of coffee hit me in the face when I was going about 70mph. Watch out for those empty cups!
Ride Cheap Ride Free!

-Edmond

·
Registered
19,691 Posts
I tried that. The plastic gets weak in the sunlight and the excessive vibration, coupled with the weight of my gatorade bottle caused it to fail on the interstate.

·
Super Moderator
58,738 Posts
Having someone new that's innovative is great. There was a time about 10-15 years ago when I was at that stage and I had a lot of fun. Pretty much had that mentality all my life. Keep on keeping on Nitski! ;)

Social distancing since 1954

·
Super Moderator
21,074 Posts
there was also a time when things you said made sense too...but you're still living in the fun lane so 1 for 2 ain't bad...

·
Super Moderator
21,074 Posts
tried several different cup holders before I gave in and bought a Kuryakyn...the kind that swivels and has a basket to hold the drink/cup...

kury.jpg

quickly learned the swivel was more problems than it was worth and the basket didn't allow me to use my large travel cup, so I took off the basket and tightened up the swivel so it remains in a fixed position

kury 2.jpeg

and the more simplified version allows me to use any size bottle/cup I prefer...would be lost w/o it...drink alot of coffee when I ride. Funny tho. in searching for these photos realized the price has gone up quite a bit from the $35 I paid for mine back when.

·
Super Moderator
26,072 Posts
I bought one of the RAM Mount self-leveling holders and end up taking it off. First, like you pointed out, if you have an empty bottle or cup, it will fly out and hit you in the face. Second, if you don't have some wind protection on the front, the wind will actually push the drink back and if it's anywhere near full, it will dump out on you.

If anyone's interested, I think I've got mine floating around here somewhere. Assuming I can find it, I'll send it to you for shipping cost from 30144.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Having someone new that's innovative is great. There was a time about 10-15 years ago when I was at that stage and I had a lot of fun. Pretty much had that mentality all my life. Keep on keeping on Nitski! ;)

Social distancing since 1954
Thanks!

·
Registered
330 Posts
I bought a cheap, but robust, plastic bicycle handlebar drink mount and mounted it to the front crash bars. 5 years later and it hasn't moved an inch

·
Administrator
52,940 Posts
Spend around $40 and buy the Kruzer Kaddy sold through Amazon.......it is available in chrome, black chrome, matte black, etc.
I have #200, and it is near bullet proof, though, I modified My mount to suit my preferences.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts