Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find my owners manual. How do you change out your headlight? I want to replace with the silverstar. I ran into a stupid moped a few weeks ago, :evil: :evil: he had no tail light at all. They should not be allowed on the highways. Luckily nobody got hurt. Hoping a brighter light will help. Is there somewhere you can download a owners manual?

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Look near the bottom on both the left and right sides. You'll see small screw on each side. Take both of them out, lift up easily on the bottom of the housing. It'll come loose and then it'll disconnect at the top as well. After that, it's simple. Just remove the rubber boot, open the snap holding in the light bulb, remove it (keep it as a spare), insert the Silverstar and reverse the process. Be careful not to touch the actual bulbs though.

·
Registered
810 Posts
You could try therusks.com for some how-to's.
But, to remove headlight, unscrew the chrome ring - 2 philips on the sides.
Remove the head light, disconnect the wiring, remove the bulb!
It is easy.
Reverse the steps to install.
Verify aim is correct. Don't want you getting "flashed".

No problem!
Anything else, just ask.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Ncvolusia, make sure the Phillips head on the screwdriver is the right size, and you may want to carefully squirt a shot of penetrating oil on the screws first. They can be a little beggar to turn and the heads strip easily.

Regards

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
And, the holes those two phillips screws go into is cheesy thin metal, they will strip real easy and never hold your headlight rim tight, make sure the rim hole for the screw and the hold down treaded hole inside is perfectly aligned before you screw.......I put a piece of tape to hold the screw because of that.

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
wiseguydave said:
Any further quesions on this contact Basshole... :wink:
Yep...Something tells me he'd have lots of, uh, input on this matter.

·
Super Moderator
20,791 Posts
"They should not be allowed on the highways"....isn't that what some people say about motorcycles.... although in this case I agree with you...glad all you damaged was a headlite...good luck with the repair and be careful which screws you turn..made the mistake once of unscrewing the "alignment" ones myself...ride safe...dennis

·
Registered
17,083 Posts
Speaking of which, the replacement headlight I bought just took a dump on me. :x Looks like I'll be on headlight number 3 hear real soon! :roll:
wiseguydave said:

·
Premium Member
23,762 Posts
Coming soon to a theatre near you...a spine-tingling tale of horror...you'll be on the edge of your seats for "The Headlights From Hell"...starrring the man that is so hot even screws strip for him....BASSHOLE!!!!! :wink:

basshole said:
Speaking of which, the replacement headlight I bought just took a dump on me. :x Looks like I'll be on headlight number 3 hear real soon! :roll:
wiseguydave said:

·
Registered
17,083 Posts
I really do belong on stage!!! 8)
wiseguydave said:
Coming soon to a theatre near you...a spine-tingling tale of horror...you'll be on the edge of your seats for "The Headlights From Hell"...starrring the man that is so hot even screws strip for him....BASSHOLE!!!!! :wink:

basshole said:
wiseguydave said:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts