Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would like decently new. I kinda want something like samsung halaxy s3-4 or a note 2. Or HTC phones. Something not more then a year or so because most of the apps aren't compatible anymore.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
219 Posts
The compatibility bit I find a tad hard to believe. I have an Evo 3D from Sprint. I got it when it came out. I switch to an S4 on Verizon when it came out a year ago or so. My Evo 3D has had OS updates and all, and it still runs the newest apps. I use it more for a toy now since it has only WiFi support. Still, anything my S4 runs it has run also.

Now if you mean a stock phone that nobody ever updates and purposely prevents updates from coming to, then I agree.

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
some phones are stuck on gingerbread and wont run 100% of the apps out there

·
Registered
415 Posts
The compatibility bit I find a tad hard to believe. I have an Evo 3D from Sprint. I got it when it came out. I switch to an S4 on Verizon when it came out a year ago or so. My Evo 3D has had OS updates and all, and it still runs the newest apps. I use it more for a toy now since it has only WiFi support. Still, anything my S4 runs it has run also.

Now if you mean a stock phone that nobody ever updates and purposely prevents updates from coming to, then I agree.
Some of the apps will run, but they aren't the newest versions with all the features. Ex- I got my wife the Evo 3D also but it took a long time before she could even post videos via instagram, IF she can at all now.

·
Registered
8,198 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
I'm a techie, so I've got an original HTC Evo, Evo 4G LTE, Motorola RAZR M, and an iPhone. I use them all for various reasons, but the iPhone however just collects dust. It was my stepfather's when he passed away, so it still holds all his music, pics, and apps.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I just bought a new S4 on ebay for my wife because someone stole hers and I didn't get the insurance on it the new one was $425.00. I originally bought one for $380.00 but even though it was advertised as new in the box it was in a box but turned out it was probably stolen. Ebay got my money back but it was a hassle. So it is possible to buy a new one on ebay but it does involve some risk. The new one does work fine. Also the S5 is coming out like next week which should drop the price of the S4 considerably.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Check out Swappa.com. I bought my HTC one from there a few months back at considerably less than what TMobile wanted. Just pay attention to the quality grading and the description.

I was very happy with mine which showed up in mint condition.

Also, they require the IMIE from the seller so no stolen or blocked phones.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Some of the apps will run, but they aren't the newest versions with all the features. Ex- I got my wife the Evo 3D also but it took a long time before she could even post videos via instagram, IF she can at all now.

Get on WiFi, update the OS. I am running 4.1 on my Evo 3D. It came with 2.x on it. I have the same apps n it and my S4 and checked, same versions. Note that if you are too far behind in updates, you may need to run an update manually while your phone is connected to your PC. I had to do that on my fiance's phone when she got it since it was an older model.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Get on WiFi, update the OS. I am running 4.1 on my Evo 3D. It came with 2.x on it. I have the same apps n it and my S4 and checked, same versions. Note that if you are too far behind in updates, you may need to run an update manually while your phone is connected to your PC. I had to do that on my fiance's phone when she got it since it was an older model.
OS stays updated, versions can even be the same, still different functionalities.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts