Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with many people happy to be out doing whatever again in many areas, seems like they have lost their focus on their awareness of sharing the road with mc's… careful out there everyone...ride defensively and never assume they see you...and those traveling on the highways...watch out for riding in a cars blindspots. Have a nice Memorial Day all.

·
Super Moderator
58,181 Posts
Heading out to get Mom. Probably take a ride through the cemetery and then bring her here for a cookout.

·
Super Moderator
20,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice...you'll have to give her a big hug from the group here and maybe even give us an update on how she's doing...all kidding aside bob...tip of the hat to how you have looked after her...still a loser but maybe not the big loser I often call you. Have a great cookout.

·
Registered
19 Posts
with many people happy to be out doing whatever again in many areas, seems like they have lost their focus on their awareness of sharing the road with mc's… careful out there everyone...ride defensively and never assume they see you...and those traveling on the highways...watch out for riding in a cars blindspots. Have a nice Memorial Day all.
Being a new rider, I'm trying to just do the speed limit and everyone around here thinks the speed limit is infinity. I'm doing 65 in a 55 on the highway and people are flying by me. I honestly feel like I'll fly away to Oz if I try to go over 70 :)

·
Super Moderator
25,695 Posts
Being a new rider, I'm trying to just do the speed limit and everyone around here thinks the speed limit is infinity. I'm doing 65 in a 55 on the highway and people are flying by me. I honestly feel like I'll fly away to Oz if I try to go over 70 :)
Dirty secret for you, you're probably only doing about 58. The speedometer is off by quite a bit. That's why people are flying by you. I did the same thing when I first started riding.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dirty secret for you, you're probably only doing about 58. The speedometer is off by quite a bit. That's why people are flying by you. I did the same thing when I first started riding.
I'll try and test that one one of those radar speed signs, that's off by quite a lot. However, I drive my car on these roads and 70-80 seems to be the new norm on that road.

Edit: yeah just realized I can use my phone with a gps speedometer :/

·
Super Moderator
25,695 Posts
I'll be really surprised if your speedometer is closer to the actual speed than I am. You can just search here for something like "speedometer accurate" and you'll come up with a ton of threads about it. They even sell these things called "Speedo healers" because it's such an issue. From what I can tell, it's pretty much universal on motorcycles. My BMW and KTM are off too.

·
Super Moderator
20,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
remember my 04 was off 5mph...figured it could only help in keeping it under the radar in the small town back road speed traps...

one of the many reason I hate riding on hiways...I'm not your modern day hiway rider going 80 in a 65...realize thats the norm and expected in todays riding styles...prefer the layback country roads/twisties where 45-60 makes for a very relaxing ride for me and usually traffic free here in my neck of Ct...

·
Super Moderator
20,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
met a friend monday for a ride/lunch in Ct...mr johnny...took him on one of my favorite loops...expected for a holiday there would be lots of traffic out considering also whats going on and peoples need to get out and about...for the most part ...lots of mc's...very little cars...made for a nice riding day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts