Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I need a little guidance here please. When I installed Jardine slashcuts and a KN filter I rejeted to a 35 pilot and 150 main. The throttle response is greatly improved across the whole range and the sound is awesome. The only performance problem I have is that it leans out rather quickly at high RPM'S whenever I go looking for the rev limiter. I went to a 152.5 main and have the same upper RPM problem at the same speeds in the same gears. It runs out of fuel at 62MPH in 2nd and at 82MPH in 3rd. A good friend of mine is a carburetor guru and he seems to think that the float bowl is going empty for whatever reasons.
TIA for any help here.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
No, you're hitting the rev limiter there. At those speeds in those gears you're looking at over 7600 RPM. It don't go much over that. The rev limiter is not exact, so it will cut in at different RPMs for each vehicle, but still somewhere near 7600-8000 RPM.

Jim

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vol210 said:
No, you're hitting the rev limiter there. At those speeds in those gears you're looking at over 7600 RPM. It don't go much over that. The rev limiter is not exact, so it will cut in at different RPMs for each vehicle, but still somewhere near 7600-8000 RPM.

Jim
Thanks vol210........We had discussed that possibility but without a tach it's a judgment call. I should have asked before installing the 52.5 jet.
Might be a tad rich now so I'll have to watch the plugs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts