Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Suzuki Boulevard M50 (805cc motor) and wondering what is the capacity of the fuel tank??? What distance will the bike travel on a full tank? And how much fuel is left in the tank when the orange fuel indicator lights up? Really wish the bike had an actual fuel gauge so a person would actually know how much fuel was in the tank!!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello, my 2004 gets about 250 km on a tank. So about 160 miles.
Hope that helps. 20 miles when my last bar starts blinking.

·
Registered
19,496 Posts
YMMV (Your mileage may vary). My '05 had a 4.1 gallon fuel tank. I kept track of mileage by resetting the trip meter on the odometer at each fill up (you don't need no stinkin' gas gauge). I got a high of 53.1 and a low of 33.7 mpg over the 4 years I owned it. On average, I got about 43mpg, which would get me around 130 miles, before the low fuel light came on. When the light was on, I had about 20 miles left until the tank was dry.

·
Super Moderator
20,442 Posts
never understood how or why they would make a mc w/o a gas gauge...I remember reading years ago about this with the c50, wonder when it changed to putting a gas gauge back on the speedometer.

·
Registered
19,496 Posts
Up until I got my Vulcan, I never had a fuel gauge. Every bike I owned had an idiot light and I just used the trip meter to track my miles. When I got to 100 or so, I started to look for gas.

·
Super Moderator
20,442 Posts
don't remember which one of my suzukis gas gauge went bad,,,my 04 Volusia or my first c90...05...but I too just used the trip odometer and kept track of my mileage and had some idea of how many miles I had left before needing to fill up...also used 130 as my guide to start looking. Funny thing too...my carbed Volusia average low 40's,,,the fuel injected c90 got hi 40's to low 50's mpg.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
My '05 consistently got 160-165 miles out of a tank before the light came on. This was with stock exhaust. Aftermarket pipes decreased it slightly, but nothing significant.

·
Registered
99 Posts
My '08 C50 can be counted on to get at least 40 mpg even under heavy throttle, so I usually start looking for a gas stop after I pass 120 miles on the trip odometer. I can tell I am an old fart as I do not care what my fuel gauge says and, in fact, regard fuel gauges as a pretty newfangled and useless frill on a bike. The bikes of my youth had (sometimes) a trip odometer and a manual petcock; as long as you didn't screw up and put the petcock in the "reserve" position when you started out, when the bike began stumbling with the petcock on "run" you switched it to "reserve", and went looking for a gas station.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just made it 165 miles on one tank. I tried to fill up last night but the station was closed. We shall see how much fuel is left in the tank. The bike is already shutting off at idle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2005 Suzuki Boulevard M50 (805cc motor) and wondering what is the capacity of the fuel tank??? What distance will the bike travel on a full tank? And how much fuel is left in the tank when the orange fuel indicator lights up? Really wish the bike had an actual fuel gauge so a person would actually know how much fuel was in the tank!!!!
I have a 2001 volusia. Regularly got 240 - 260 kms (155miles) out of a tank. Recently changed the stock air filter for a K&N and am now getting 315 - 330 km (205 miles) out of the same tank.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My '08 C50 can be counted on to get at least 40 mpg even under heavy throttle, so I usually start looking for a gas stop after I pass 120 miles on the trip odometer. I can tell I am an old fart as I do not care what my fuel gauge says and, in fact, regard fuel gauges as a pretty newfangled and useless frill on a bike. The bikes of my youth had (sometimes) a trip odometer and a manual petcock; as long as you didn't screw up and put the petcock in the "reserve" position when you started out, when the bike began stumbling with the petcock on "run" you switched it to "reserve", and went looking for a gas station.
My 2012 klx250s is carbureted. I am 29 and this post makes me feel old. Back in the old days of carburetors....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts