Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had unbelievable difficulty trying to get a second key made for my 2014 C50 BOSS. I bought a blank in eBay and can't find anyone to cut it for me. I tried the local locksmith who everyone on Facebook praises and they won't even return my phone calls. I don't think if I offered someone $500 that I could get someone to make me a second key.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
189 Posts
In my area locksmiths are deemed an essential service and are still working. I just had 2 extra keys cuts for my 06 Boulevard C50 today. I would try calling a different lock smith. If it’s possible I would recommend riding your bike there so you can test the key before you leave the locksmith. I did and it was a good thing as one of the keys he cut didn’t work and he had to cut a third key. I had to go to a neighbouring city to get this done because there are no locksmiths in the small town I live in. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
If you're willing to offer $500.
Take your key to any locksmith and bet him $250 he can't copy it. ;)

·
Administrator
16,312 Posts
My local ace hardware cut the blanks I bought off eBay.....kid didn't want to charge me since I bought the blanks elsewhere so I gave him $$$ for lunch.

·
Super Moderator
20,502 Posts
definitely take the mc with you...been there done that...had 3 keys made...one for the wallet, one to keep in the garage, and one to leave at work...was still working then...anyway, 2 of the 3 worked fine...brought the other one back in and he cut me another one.

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My local ace hardware cut the blanks I bought off eBay.....kid didn't want to charge me since I bought the blanks elsewhere so I gave him $$$ for lunch.
I was at ACE last week and had the blank but not the good key. I showed it to the guy and asked if they would cut it and he said yes, but they couldn't guarantee it would work. I went back yesterday to let them do it and two other guys said they are not allowed to cut blanks that they don't sell.

·
Super Moderator
20,502 Posts
easy solution...buy what they sell....still say a locksmith is your best bet...buy from them,,,for the $3 a key...not worth the aggravation for an ebay key. Good luck.

·
Registered
845 Posts
As I recall the key blank is a standard blank but the Suzuki key is longer. There are 2 locksmiths within 50 miles of me that could make the key. Where are you located ?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I bought a couple of blanks at the Suzuki dealer but they couldn't cut it.
I rode my motorcycle with the blanks and the original to a local hardware store. They cut one of the blanks for me...I tried it out on the motorcycle to make sure it worked. It did. So I had them cut the second blank, too.

If your hardware store won't cut the blank, find another one that does.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I am not sure where in Northeast Florida you are but the Ace Hardware in Callahan had the blanks and made mine 2 years ago.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts