Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning on going on a ride to the Black Hills next week but now my friend has to cut the trip short a day. The main problem is it was only four days three nights in the first place. So now we would have to drive out to Deadwood from Minneapolis on day 1 (600 miles). Day 2 would be spent in the hills. Day 3 would be riding back.

My question is should we just go somewhere different. I can't decide if two days of I90 riding is worth only one day in the hills. I do love the hills but I usually don't haul ass out there for one day.

Another Option would be to do a run down along the Mississippi into Iowa and back. Which would be curvy the whole way just not as curvy and fun as the Hills.

·
Premium Member
28,833 Posts
From where you are at I would look into some roads in Wisconsin.

We are going to LaCross next Friday and do a Wildcat Mountain run on Saturday and a Monduro Cut run on Sunday.

We've done the river run a couple times, it's nice. I'm thinking these other two runs will be pretty good. There are youtube vids of both.

I would not ride 600 miles to spend a day in the Black Hills. One day just does not do it justice and Rapid City to Minnesota border just plain sucks.

(but then I visited Black Hills for 11 consecutive years in a row one time too)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What about Duluth/Superior ?

We did that 3 years ago and had a blast.
I've done Duluth way too many times and just want a change. We ride the river south from Hudson a lot but always tend to cross over or turn around at Winona. So I was thinking we would keep going for a change into Iowa and maybe see the Motorcycle Museum in Anamosa.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.