Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to ride for hours to the left. Or to the right. Or so it would seem to the people behind me. I cannot for the life of me remember to cancel my signals. Is there any sort of self canceling signal switch available? I do believe that some bikes do have canceling signal switches.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Look up the KISANTECH SIGNALMinder. I use them and they work.

Pro's: They have some added features also like rear turn signals that can function as brake lights and flash.

Con's: The front turn signals also come on when the brakes are applied.

Has soemthing to due with the OEM wiring.

MikeYC

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I just make a habit of hitting the turn signal switch regularly, at least I'll get it at some point.

Funny story - with a group of friends, we turn left onto the coast highway and we're tooling along, I've got my highway pegs down and I'm stylin. A buddy comes up along side and we're riding chippy style and I'm thinking "man, this is so cool". I realize he's trying to get my attention, in my mind I'm " yeah - don't I look cool?":shades:

I finally can read his lips "your turn signal is on". What a doof :biglaugh:

·
Registered
354 Posts
I wired a couple of LEDs into the crossbar on my windshield. It helps, but I still sometimes forget.

·
Registered
663 Posts
That was one nice thing about my v-star 650. it had auto-cancel which was really the only bell/whistle on an otherwise simple bike. Did I mention that I think all bikes should have ABS and self-canceling signals standard?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Look up the KISANTECH SIGNALMinder. I use them and they work.

Pro's: They have some added features also like rear turn signals that can function as brake lights and flash.

Con's: The front turn signals also come on when the brakes are applied.

Has soemthing to due with the OEM wiring.

MikeYC
Do you know which model works on the C50?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
215 Posts

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Kriss manufacturing is in Tuscon, hires American workers, pays 'em a living wage and the company is superb to deal with.

All my electronic modules are from George - and he's a great guy to deal with. You will not be disappointed with any of his gear.

And yes, he offers a turn signal cancel module.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Many threads on this subject.. try searching for various options.

I put a Radio Shack beeper on my bike. $3 and about 1/2 hour install.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
I seem to ride for hours to the left. Or to the right. Or so it would seem to the people behind me. I cannot for the life of me remember to cancel my signals. Is there any sort of self canceling signal switch available? I do believe that some bikes do have canceling signal switches.
My Nomad had self-cancelling turn signals, so does my Harley. It's a standard feature on many bikes.

·
Super Moderator
21,763 Posts
nothing worse than not knowing your signals are on and an oncoming car turns right in front of you because he thought you were turning left...cars are not always the ones at fault...for $100..your life is worth it. Order one now before its too late...it will happen again...believe me..eventually you will get in the habit of turning them off but protect yourself just in case fir now.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I emailed Kriss.com. The C50 had an asterisk next to the recommended signal canceler.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the same problem with the Nissan Signal minder,the amber portion facing toward me is fine. .
But the red led facing front activates when braking.

·
Premium Member
6,301 Posts
A habit I learned a long time ago was that every time you shift hit the turn signal button. That way it is almost a guarantee it will not be blinking forever. It will be so ingrained in a matter of a short time. (someone will say it wears out the button, I wouldn't worry about that :) I still do it on my Nomad which has self canceling turn signals, habits don't go away.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
He said the system would work if the '05 C50 doesn't have a CAN-BUS system. Anyone know?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
19,854 Posts
I just make a habit of hitting the turn signal switch regularly, at least I'll get it at some point.
+1. Just make it a habit of hitting the cancel switch on a pretty regular basis. it's free.

·
Registered
215 Posts
can bus is BMW

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just ordered the Kriss system. I might get one for my wife too. I'm always yelling at her to cancel her signal. Funny that while I'm yelling I often look down and see I'm signalling too. Good thing I ride behind her.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Vibrating signal reminder

I was going to get the signal reminder that works by feeding a wire under the seat and buzzes you, but she said she'd probably enjoy that too much and never turn them off. :biglaugh:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts