Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
In the town next to me, they have organized panhandling.
I've seen the van pull up into a lot, and a whole bunch of folks pile out with signs, gas cans, and dogs.
They disperse quickly to their corners.

You'll see a couple holding a sign, with a dog wearing a blue bandanna. You go into the store, and 45 minutes later when you come out, there's a different guy, no woman, and the exact same dog. Sometimes they'll even change the bandanna to a different color.

They meet up at the van around lunch time, probably to turn over their earnings, then go back out, only to be rounded up at the end of the day.
Couple years ago we were walking down the strip in Vegas, there was a woman standing behind a man sitting in a wheelchair begging, a few hours later going back to our hotel... yep, now he was standing behind her sitting in the wheelchair.
I have only once gave a beggar any money, a guy at an exit ramp held a sign stating; why lie, I want a beer.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I stopped for food one day for myself and noticed a guy across the street with a sign. I bought a couple extra cheeseburgers. He seemed disgusted when I handed him the sack. Hardly thankful at all. That's when I found out that moneys talks and burgers walk.

·
Super Moderator
20,516 Posts
right outside where I work is a gas station...one night got after work stopped in to get gas, guy comes up to me while I'm pumping the gas, gives me this story about needing a couple $$$ so he can take a bus home to New Haven ..roughly 40 minutes away...this is 1 a.m...tell him "not going to find any buses running at this hour...get in..I'm heading that way...I'll take you"...without blinking...moved onto the guy at the next pump...

·
Registered
625 Posts
in Akron ohio the beggars have to register and receive a license that the wear around their neck.........funny I haven't seen any licenses this spring .
I will stop at the red light and hand them a rolled up" Obama 1 million dollar bill" some laugh and others curse me , down in Daytona a girl had a sign stating she was pregnant and was found to be a pillow.
these people really think we owe them money good god I hope these suburban yuppies wake up to the scam!

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
in Akron ohio the beggars have to register and receive a license that the wear around their neck.........funny I haven't seen any licenses this spring .
I will stop at the red light and hand them a rolled up" Obama 1 million dollar bill" some laugh and others curse me , down in Daytona a girl had a sign stating she was pregnant and was found to be a pillow.
these people really think we owe them money good god I hope these suburban yuppies wake up to the scam!
I'm guessing if I gave money to a licensed beggar, I'd probably ask for a receipt.:grin2:

41 - 45 of 45 Posts