Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are really close to pulling the trigger on a Can Am for my wife. She's been having some serious knee problems and hardly rode at all the last year, maybe 5k miles which is way less than normal. She's worried about her knee giving out when she puts her foot down at a stop.

She wanted to go look at a trike our dealer had, a Yamaha Stratoliner. It ended up being too big/wide for her and she couldn't reach the floorboards comfortably. They had a Can Am in the back and took us to see it. She's sat on them before and didn't like the setup, but those were the sport models, this one is the full tourer. It fits her perfectly. We went back the next day and got a test ride in before the snow hit and she's sold on it.

The thing is loaded- heated grips, electric adjustable windshield, ABS, traction control, stability control, power steering, adjustable rear suspention, reverse gear, 4 speaker sound system, and 41 gallons of storage. It's got under 11k miles on it.

So now I get to spend my free time removing accessories from her VStar 1300 so we can trade it in. I hate this part, that VStar is sweet and we put a lot of time into customizing it for her, but if the Can Am gets her back on the road and comfortable, then it's all for the best.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Like it was said before: got to keep momma happy... no matter how much work or heartbroken you are.
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
Super Moderator
8,888 Posts
Dan, I am sorry to hear Mary is having knee trouble. That's no fun at all, I know from comparable experience with my hip.

If you have questions about the CanAm, you could contact member TopDogJim. I believe he has the exact same touring model that caught Mary's eye.

And I think Jim could recommend the training class for 3-wheelers that he took before starting to log serious miles.

Good luck, and happy riding to you both.

--Chris

·
Super Moderator
57,615 Posts
I think it's great. Remembering Chris and Jim's friend that was our tail runner at OctoVRfest. She had a big smile on her face and her husband could ride his own ride as well.

·
Registered
203 Posts
My wife has one. The more she rides the happier she is. Me too. She asked me to get her a trailer to grocery shop. That way she would never have to take the car.

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
Good luck to her

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like the deal will be done in the next couple days! We actually found a newer one, a 2012, with only 4600 miles, for $2000 less than the 2011 with 11k miles on it that we test drove.

I'll post up some pics when the deal is done.

We're going to put her VStar on consignment at the place we're buying from. I'll get to ride it an hour in this cold to drop it off, and then ride the Can Am home! Yea me!

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
good luck, it sounds like fun!

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We're picking it up on the morning. Going to be decent here tomorrow, low/mid 40's! The harder part will be clearing a spot in the mess I call a garage to fit it, my Concours, and the VStar that is for sale. Anyone want to buy a VStar 1300 Tourer? It's in great shape and has a lot of extras!

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
Tell her congratulations!!! they look like a lot of fun!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts