Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to get some insight about the Stratoliner, looking at a 2007 in excellent condition with 25,000 miles for $7000.00 on the road. Just wanted to hear how you like your bike, and if you would recommend it. The one I'm considering looks like it just came off the showroom floor, and if the feedback is good, I'm going to take it for a test ride probably Tuesday, and if that goes well, write the check. Please let me know what you think, and thanks in advance.

Chuck

·
Registered
671 Posts
Trying to get some insight about the Stratoliner, looking at a 2007 in excellent condition with 25,000 miles for $7000.00 on the road. Just wanted to hear how you like your bike, and if you would recommend it. The one I'm considering looks like it just came off the showroom floor, and if the feedback is good, I'm going to take it for a test ride probably Tuesday, and if that goes well, write the check. Please let me know what you think, and thanks in advance.

Chuck
I was looking into a Roadliner. 2 common complaints are a smallish gas tank and a buzzy highway experience. The seat appears better than most stock units. The starter motor is supposed to sound wheezy (unsure how that matters unless it plays the Looney Tunes theme). Some also do not like how you feel like you are on top of the bike instead of in it.

I look forward to experienced Strat riders opinions.

·
Super Moderator
4,880 Posts
Hey Chuck, good to see your looking? A friend nearby had one and the fuel tank size, highway whines etc downfalls....Hope to have you ready for the spring Mtnhouse ride? Your leading buddy and dont forget to ask your bro Ernie to join us. Good luck with the scooter choice, what about the RK? Take care, D

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey D, what's up? The gas tank size isn't that big of a deal to me, doesn't matter if I have to stop a little more often, and you know me, after I change the exhaust, no one is going to hear that highway buzz anyway.:biglaugh: Thought about the RK, but for one around the same year or so, your talking 15k or more, I'd like to pay cash for the bike, so I'm looking to stay at 10K or under. There is a guy at work looking to sell his 2005 Heritage Softail with less then 20k miles, I'm going to talk to him tomorrow, so we'll see what happens.

·
Super Moderator
4,880 Posts
New stick

Hey D, what's up? The gas tank size isn't that big of a deal to me, doesn't matter if I have to stop a little more often, and you know me, after I change the exhaust, no one is going to hear that highway buzz anyway.:biglaugh: Thought about the RK, but for one around the same year or so, your talking 15k or more, I'd like to pay cash for the bike, so I'm looking to stay at 10K or under. There is a guy at work looking to sell his 2005 Heritage Softail with less then 20k miles, I'm going to talk to him tomorrow, so we'll see what happens.
Hey Chuck, good to hear from you. You can find a dime full of RK, ST for under 10k....That 05 your looking is a twin cam 88 w/ 5 speed. 07 up ar 96ci w/ 6 trans.....Something to think about .....Look at Winebrenner.com. lots of used bikes.....Good luck. D

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Chuck, good to hear from you. You can find a dime full of RK, ST for under 10k....That 05 your looking is a twin cam 88 w/ 5 speed. 07 up ar 96ci w/ 6 trans.....Something to think about .....Look at Winebrenner.com. lots of used bikes.....Good luck. D
I know about the 88/5 speed, but since most of my longer rides these days are either a days ride up to Deep Creek, or up to Pa. to see you, that's not a big deal. I was up Winebrenners last week, they had a nice 03 RK Anni. but it was still $12,500. This is partially a birthday present from the wife, and since we just got done paying for my sons wedding, I think I'll keep the price down. I'm still looking, I still may find something different, but unless I'm dead, I'm making the next Mtn. House ride.

·
Registered
671 Posts
The buzz is not something you hear, it's an irritating resonance the annoys through the contact points of a motorcycle. i.e. Vibration.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Send Jmax99 a PM and ask him. He has a Strato and as far as I know he's pretty happy with it. He's into pushing the bike hard through the twisties and long stretches in the saddle and it does the job very well, I think. The only negative I've heard him say is the small fuel tank size and limited range.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The buzz is not something you hear, it's an irritating resonance the annoys through the contact points of a motorcycle. i.e. Vibration.
Thanks for the info, but I doubt it could be worse than my c50 at high speed, I decided to get another bike instead of the DJ drive for that very reason.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts

Chuck
buddy of mine had one..developed a valve problem, warrenty took care of it, then after
it showed up again..he sold ir

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm not sure you can change those pipes without losing performance. I thought people were saying that when they came out.
Just kidding about the pipes Beezer, little joke between Doug and me, he always hated riding behind me with my Stripers.

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
Good luck on whatever you decide. Hope to see you next year. Tell Ernie I said "Hi".

Reactions: Boxerus

·
Super Moderator
4,880 Posts
Hey Chuck.Pm sent about a used/new scooter .....Good luck.....Spring time Crab deck ride?

·
Premium Member
11,782 Posts
Send Jmax99 a PM and ask him. He has a Strato and as far as I know he's pretty happy with it. He's into pushing the bike hard through the twisties and long stretches in the saddle and it does the job very well, I think. The only negative I've heard him say is the small fuel tank size and limited range.
I can second that he does ride like he owns it. I hear a cop chased him for over 20 minutes before he caught up.:wayhappy:

·
Registered
238 Posts
one of my good friends has a strato and he loves it I borrowed it for a few days a cpl years ago and it was bulky heavy and a pain in tight spots no range on tank and for such a hudge motor power was a disappoint ment only good thing I have to say about it is friend never had any trouble out of it with 130k miles on it and it rides like a couch

·
Registered
13,402 Posts
one of my good friends has a strato and he loves it I borrowed it for a few days a cpl years ago and it was bulky heavy and a pain in tight spots no range on tank and for such a hudge motor power was a disappoint ment only good thing I have to say about it is friend never had any trouble out of it with 130k miles on it and it rides like a couch
Are you sure it was a Strat.
What bikes are you comparing it to? I've had one since Feb 08 now over 40,000 miles and still love it. Not top heavy compared with other bikes in the same weight class-yes tank is a little small but still can go over 150 miles before fill up. As far as power - still one of the best in the heavy weight cruisers. 0-60 4.12sec 1/4 mile 12.32 107.28 mph

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Are you sure it was a Strat.
What bikes are you comparing it to? I've had one since Feb 08 now over 40,000 miles and still love it. Not top heavy compared with other bikes in the same weight class-yes tank is a little small but still can go over 150 miles before fill up. As far as power - still one of the best in the heavy weight cruisers. 0-60 4.12sec 1/4 mile 12.32 107.28 mph
Thanks for the info, I've always heard they were great on the back roads, and had plenty of power. The only negative I'd ever heard was the tank size, and I don't really care if I have to stop at 150 or 180 miles, with the riding I do now, I'm going to have to stop 2 or 3 times anyway. I'm taking it for a test ride tomorrow, and if it feels good and rides good I will probably write the check, if not I still have plenty of time to look elsewhere.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.