Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
You could make a Vol look like a cafe racer, evidence the photshop pic, but it would never handle like one, the frame and suspension geometry is wrong.

But the photoshop pic is sweet.

·
Premium Member
2,893 Posts
Still chuckling as I type, four foot shorter, ok I give ya that one. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Yup, remember, I am, at least, old school in all things. You could do all those things to a vol and it still wouldn't be a cafe bike. You can find an old Kwai vert twin for 500 bucks and in six weeks, with some elbow grease, have a pretty sweet cafe racer. But ya gotta have a wheelbase about 4 feet shorter than a vol.

Bobbers are bobbers, cafe racers are cafe racers. We can mod bikes but we cannot make them what they are not... And the vol is just way too long and short to be a cafe bike.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Administrator
29,589 Posts
Very cool, but not a cafe racer.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
5 Posts

How about this from the UK Suzuki 800 Forum I use. one of our Aussie members is a dab hand with Photoshop and posted this only the other day by coincidence

Please note though, it's only a design concept... he's not actually making it !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All. Still quite an interesting topic here, could not pass and do not unsubscribe =)) I am the owner of Volusia since 2009. This spring engaged postoroeniya of her cafe reysera. Actually that's what happened =)). This is my first project.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Hi All. Still quite an interesting topic here, could not pass and do not unsubscribe =)) I am the owner of Volusia since 2009. This spring engaged postoroeniya of her cafe reysera. Actually that's what happened =)). This is my first project.

That's a Effin' sweet ride!!!

I was going to Bobber the C50 once it gets old (too shiny and new right now for playing with it's looks)...but now, after seeing this beauty, I'm going to look into the Cafe Blvd look.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Unfortunately picture from a different angle did not, but there is a picture when he Bobber. There are also all left when installing the fairing and tail. In the coming weeks I shall be going to make a video, everything will be clear =)

plans after the close of the season to make another cone, firmly fixed to the frame and close their radiator. I think it will be a little better =)))

·
Premium Member
9,324 Posts

WOW!!!!:shades:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know this is an old post but...

My 04 has been a bobber and I don't know why but I can't let this Cafe Racer thing go. I do not think anyone has ever tried it or at lease are talking about it. I am going to give it a shot and see how it turns out. Fabricating parts, welding and even fiberglassing is not a problem. So, if anyone is still interested in how it would turn out keep your eyes open..

·
Registered
518 Posts
My 04 has been a bobber and I don't know why but I can't let this Cafe Racer thing go. I do not think anyone has ever tried it or at lease are talking about it. I am going to give it a shot and see how it turns out. Fabricating parts, welding and even fiberglassing is not a problem. So, if anyone is still interested in how it would turn out keep your eyes open..
Definitely interested!
Big part of enjoyment for me is working on the bike and customizing it. I just wish I had a garage where I could spread out! For now I’ll watch what others build.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I don't like cafe racers but that looks pretty cool.
Good job, NasBan

21 - 40 of 42 Posts