Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
this is my UK version of a 2003 Volusia modified to cafe racer style. I can see that there are some old posts and discussions on the forum but the topic has been quite for some time. I would be interested to know if any other versions have been built?

·
Super Moderator
25,722 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

I saw the title and thought there was no way you could make a cafe racer out of a Boulevard, yet here we are. Excellent work!

·
Super Moderator
4,412 Posts
First post needs a hearty welcome...Hearty Welcome from Gettysburg.
Reminds me of my first bike, no, second real street bike...a 1978 Yami RD 400...two stroke cafe racer...loved that bike as a young dare devil...I
Got me around the California coast quick!!
Sold it for a Honda 750 super sport...
good luck and ride safe!,best, D.

·
Registered
19,610 Posts
I have never seen the C50 turned into a cafe racer. I gotta say, I like it. Well done!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I saw the title and thought there was no way you could make a cafe racer out of a Boulevard, yet here we are. Excellent work!

Thanks for the comments, your right the bike doesn't really fit the bill for a cafe style build. But I enjoyed every step of it and there is still some work and re jigging to be done. I'll try and keep the post updated as i work on it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First post needs a hearty welcome...Hearty Welcome from Gettysburg.
Reminds me of my first bike, no, second real street bike...a 1978 Yami RD 400...two stroke cafe racer...loved that bike as a young dare devil...I
Got me around the California coast quick!!
Sold it for a Honda 750 super sport...
good luck and ride safe!,best, D.
Thanks for the welcome D. Interestingly I also owned an RD400 back in 1979-80

·
Registered
205 Posts
I checked out you YouTube video, looks greats and I like the sound. The dual exhaust is very nice. What’s the purple bottle on the left side at the front of the engine?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I checked out you YouTube video, looks greats and I like the sound. The dual exhaust is very nice. What’s the purple bottle on the left side at the front of the engine?
I had to junk the old radiator plastic expansion water tank and find something to replace it and then re site it. Its an aluminium water drinking bottle.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Saw the video! Sounds really really interesting! Can you post a riding sound video? Maybe record and ride by sounds. Also, how did u fit speedo into the headlight?!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
interesting
Saw the video! Sounds really really interesting! Can you post a riding sound video? Maybe record and ride by sounds. Also, how did u fit speedo into the headlight?!
Thanks for the Post
Only just finished the bike. Will post a better video as soon as i have the bike legal and on the road, only just pushed the bike out of the garage to take the pics.
To fit the speedo i had to extend the wiring and cut the headlamp shell in 2 places, One circular hole for the clock and another lower to accommodate the circuit board. Tight fit in the space available because of all the existing wiring!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Thanks for the Post
Only just finished the bike. Will post a better video as soon as i have the bike legal and on the road, only just pushed the bike out of the garage to take the pics.
To fit the speedo i had to extend the wiring and cut the headlamp shell in 2 places, One circular hole for the clock and another lower to accommodate the circuit board. Tight fit in the space available because of all the existing wiring!
Definitively keep us posted!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts