Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...I have done a little Jedi Mind tricking and I think I can make the 12" Apes work!

I have everything temporarily mocked up and I am going to button it up today. I do have a concern since my cables are a little tighter than I would like them to be...I would like to lube them up so they stay slick and have less chance of giving me trouble.

I see a lot of lube for cables but I wanted to run it by you all and see what you prefer to do this trick?

Thanks in advance for your help! :?:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have had them apart and they appear to just be your standard run of the mill braided cables. I am kind of a old school biker as in I have owned lots of bikes but have not owned a bike in about 25+ yrs and before this bully a 1983 V65 Magna is the newest bike I ever owned (bought new in 84) .... so I am lost with this "old" 2005 bike! LOL!

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
I've been using one called Cable Life for about 10 years now. Haven't broken a cable yet. I think it came with the cable lubing tool.

Reactions: Mark's c50t

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Actually it sounds like your cables are to tight to be safe, why dont you just wait and get you some longer cables, id hate to see your next post read went down throttle stuck, just dont want to hear you got your self hurt

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Appreciate the concern. I did some more re-routing today and moved the bars a bit and now I have no tight spots. It turned out the aftermarket grips I bought were getting a drag on the bars where the dimples were in the bottom of the apes so I reamed out the grip interior and it works like a charm! The drag on the grip was making me think the throttle cables were too tight so after I lubed them and then test ran the grip I saw the real problem. I plan to button her back up tomorrow and try them out. I am crossing my fingers!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.