Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a new headlight for my 2013 c90t boss. I got the chrome ring off the housing but the headlight seems to be held in by a Phillips on top and bottom.
many tips on removing it to install the new one?
thanks

·
Super Moderator
32,937 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

Sorry, but I don't have any experience with the 90 and it's been a while since I even had my 50. I'm sure someone will have some tips though. Hang out a bit.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
What are you doing, exactly? Are you replacing the factory bulb inside the headlight assembly, or are you trying to replace the entire reflector and light assembly inside the trim ring? The bulb swap is easy - video link below. If you're going aftermarket, good luck. None of the screws on the bike are PHILLIPS head, they are JIS meaning a regular phillips head is too steep and it will round off the fastener.

Reactions: ByronW and Whiskey

·
Registered
395 Posts
What are you doing, exactly? Are you replacing the factory bulb inside the headlight assembly, or are you trying to replace the entire reflector and light assembly inside the trim ring? The bulb swap is easy - video link below. If you're going aftermarket, good luck. None of the screws on the bike are PHILLIPS head, they are JIS meaning a regular phillips head is too steep and it will round off the fastener.

Nice!
I was considering changing out the bulb in my C90, thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I bought a whole new headlight
I got the stock headlight out but seems I need some mounting hardware to mount the new 7” headlight.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
You're on your own there. Unfortunately, universal fit aftermarket products fit nothing universally. You'll have to fabricate your own mounting bracket.

Reactions: Whiskey and Cja4567
1 - 8 of 8 Posts