Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

C90 pillion fits on a C50?

4K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  noboater 
#1 ·
I've read that the pillion off of a C90 was mounted on a C50, but there was no mention about being a direct bolt on or weather modifications were required. Has anybody done that mod? All that was said is that the C90 pillion is wider than the C50 pillion. Does any of the members who have replaced the original with an aftermarket have a C90 pillion that they're willing to part with? Any info that you can share would be appreciated. :D

#2 ·
I put a C90 passenger pillion on my '04 Volusia. It fit without any modifications. It is wider and barely fit with my back rest, but it will fit and takes about 3 minutes to install.

It's a good inexpensive mod, but I'm about to order a Mustang. You really need to do the peg swap or peg flip. I did the peg flip and installed ISO Wings. That made a great improvement, but I'm going to have to get a Mustang. The peg extenders would help greatly as well.

#4 ·
The C90 rear pillion is probably the most comfortable due to its width for the rider with the Mustang a really close second.

#6 ·
chadparker said:
I put a C90 passenger pillion on my '04 Volusia. It fit without any modifications. It is wider and barely fit with my back rest, but it will fit and takes about 3 minutes to install.

It's a good inexpensive mod, but I'm about to order a Mustang. You really need to do the peg swap or peg flip. I did the peg flip and installed ISO Wings. That made a great improvement, but I'm going to have to get a Mustang. The peg extenders would help greatly as well.

WELCOME to the VR site, new member.

Pete

#7 ·
chadparker said:
I would hope the Mustang is a little better than the C90. My C90 pillion measures 10 7/8". The mustang passenger measures 12". The wider the better for my wife.

Thoughts?
The C90 pillion is almost like the C50 one. The pillion I'm talking about is the LC1500 one. Much nicer, but it does require a little modding to fit.

#8 ·
Question for chadparker.

What is this peg flip you refered to? Are you talking front foot pegs? And if so, how is it working for you? I haven't heard of this mod before, and have been looking for something different form stock pegs..... this might work in the meantime.

Thanks,

B.

#9 ·
Barry said:
Question for chadparker.

What is this peg flip you refered to? Are you talking front foot pegs? And if so, how is it working for you? I haven't heard of this mod before, and have been looking for something different form stock pegs..... this might work in the meantime.

Thanks,

B.
http://www.volusiariders.com/viewtopic.php?t=64616

#13 ·
??? Post started by Sgt Mike and he stated if any one had one available.

Was PM sent to try and get this pillon mentioned here? :?
If so it would seen the sarge would have first option to get it.......

noboater said:
sailorman55 said:
I happen to have an LC1500 rear pillion seat sitting in my shed right now. I put it on my C50, but didn't like the look, so I took it back off. If you want it drop me a line and we will work it out.
PM sent

#18 ·
Yes I want it. PM sent.

sailorman55 said:
Seems like there is a mad dash for this here LC1500 pillion seat. Sarge you have the first option. Do you want it? Otherwise it goes to the first PM I got.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.