Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you feel about buying a used C90 considering it is no longer being made? I am asking with respect to aftermarket upgrades and support. Would it be wise to buy?

·
Super Moderator
4,446 Posts
Welcome to the VR group from Gettysburg..
I'm digging the Boss version of that class bike..Clean, sharp, and plenty of coolness factor.... I say go for it...Ride safe and enjoy. Best, D.

·
Super Moderator
21,098 Posts
what year is it...if its the boss line...from what I remember when I considered one, there were very little in the aftermarket upgrades at that time...good bike tho...got a 06 and has served me well.

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
The C90 has always been an odd duck. For all the additional displacement, it really isn't all that peppy, when compared to other bikes in its class. It was never a good selling bike, so the aftermarket support never materialized. They're solid, but lacking a 6th gear still are a bit frenetic on the freeway.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you like it, buy it.
That copper one is lovely. Never saw that here in the UK.
Mine gets a lot of attention, as all you seem to see here is matt black Harleys.
I think whatever you want to do with your bike can probably be done somehow, or has been done. It's a machine. Think of all the choppers and custom jobs that have been created with older bikes.

·
Super Moderator
21,098 Posts
05/06 had the stator issues...did find alot of aftermarket available for my 06...dress pieces...depends on what you plan on doing.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The 2013 and after are a different bike from the earlier ones. I have a c90Tboss and i like it very much. I ride the highway mostly and don't shift into 5th gear till 65 or 70 had it up 100 no problem and handles great. A programmable fuel injection controller like the Gman really wakes up the engine. A little boost gives great performance and keeps the fuel use to about 40 mpg. a bit more and it is a real performer for the type bike it is. flue use drops to the upper 30's. but you can tune it to what you want at that time. It is one of the most comfortable bikes to ride i have had. The transmission belongs on a tractor the way if clunks into gear but works just fine. it is not a perfect bike but i believe it the best bang for the buck in its category. I trade in a c50t with a c90rear end to get this.

George

·
Super Moderator
58,830 Posts
Hey Ricky

What year is the bike?

Social distancing since 1954

·
Registered
75 Posts
2013 Added highway lights, air horn, sissy bar, new mirrors, keyless ignition, passenger floor boards, gman fuel controller. Its just how i want it now.

George

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just checked out the UK Suzuki website and there's no mention of any of the cruiser line up. :( Using the wayback machine shows they only had the M1800 as of March 2018.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think they discontinued it in the uk because of the eu and abs laws in force.
Too expensive to upgrade and the sales of these have been diminishing for a while.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That'd make sense from a business perspective. Sad though, since there aren't that many cruisers out around here. Seems like nearly everyone has a sport bike of some kind.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts