Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang, I had a c50 prior to the 2017 c90 and the clutch adjustment was easy to do and easy to find info on how to do it.
However I am having real difficulty finding a video or step by step guide for adjusting this one.
There were some threads here with dead links.
Any advice out there?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
20,161 Posts
It's a hydraulic clutch. There is no adjustment.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a hydraulic clutch. There is no adjustment.
Ok so no reservoir on the bars but a cable going down to a lever below with no reservoir there either.
If it was a hydraulic should I not see a reservoir that I would be able to top up or access to replace the fluid at some point?
I'm not convinced it's a hydraulic clutch just yet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now that I looked at a service manual for an older bike I can see why you might think it is a hydraulic clutch but it is not, so I am still looking for direction on adjusting my clutch and introduce some free play to my lever.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
If it has a cable then there should be a thumb wheel adjustment at the lever. There usually is a second adjustment where the cable enters the engine case. The C50 has both of those and an additonal adjustment inside the engine case on the arm that engages the clutch. The old C90 was hydraulic and the only adjustment was to change the reach of the lever at the handle bar with a little dial. Those bikes the release was when the lever was almost all the way out!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts