Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to sell my favorite bike - a 2009 C50T with a lot of goodies. Also had a 2005 C50T. Bought both new and they were really good bikes. Had a lot of bikes over the years including a head turning BMW R1200C but at 82 years old I find 650 pounds too heavy to move around the garage, altho' it was still great to ride. I still have a 2015 Honda CTX 700T. At 500 pounds it is manageable. A couple of weeks ago I did a 3 day 1600 km trip on the CTX and it is a good bike but I would prefer a cruiser. It's hell to get old. Have had a good experience with this site for the last 13 years and plan to continue to snoop around the forums to keep in touch with Volusia happenings.

·
Super Moderator
3,197 Posts
Hey curler!!!!

I’m still running the DJ drive I got from you back about 8 years ago.... Thanks again...

Don’t be a stranger around here!!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Gene. Kinda forgot about that. I have a cabin near Caroline and go through Olds, or up Hwy 22, often. If I had your number coffee sometime might be an option.

·
Super Moderator
3,197 Posts
Hi Gene. Kinda forgot about that. I have a cabin near Caroline and go through Olds, or up Hwy 22, often. If I had your number coffee sometime might be an option.
check your PM....

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
Ahhh, the not so "golden" years.........it has been so long since we rode together that I can't remember when it was. I had to down size about two years ago. I went with a third generation Kawasaki Versys 650 LT. With bags and top case it weighs in at a bit over 500 lbs..still good enough for the longs rides if I want to try (I did 4500 miles in 3 weeks last year). Nothing "long" planned for this year though. I'm beginning to think the riding might be coming to an end in a couple of years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts