Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a such thing as factory Suzuki passenger floorboards for the 06 C50T? I have been searching for days now and can't seem to find anything but aftermarket and it seems that those may need modifying to fit. I found a JMEI set on Ebay but am not 100% certain that they will fit in once I figure out how to get the old pegs off. Looks like I need to remove the saddlebags to do this to have room to work with. My wife is on my butt to get something comfortable there for her. lol

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$409!!! Good gracious! Oh lord...I hear it now..."It's going to nickel and dime us to death!" The JMEI's on Ebay are around $64 delivered. Just hoping someone has used those before and maybe has some insight to how they mount up.

·
Super Moderator
21,763 Posts
try JP Cycle...

while the Kurys do require an adapter, believe the adapter is around $30...Kury makes a good product.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
$409!!! Good gracious! Oh lord...I hear it now..."It's going to nickel and dime us to death!" The JMEI's on Ebay are around $64 delivered. Just hoping someone has used those before and maybe has some insight to how they mount up.
Big price to pay for comfort features, plus you know they fit (Oem)......Sleezbay not so much.........Often VR members here sell there Bully and post parts for sale in the classified...good luck.
Passenger floorboards are nice for long rides...

·
Registered
221 Posts
I had a set of kuryakyn on my Volusia and transferred them over to my 06 Boulevard.
On the factory foot pegs there will be a cotter pin you need to remove them then pin will slide out and the foot peg will come off. No need to remove the saddle bags. You may need a new set of 1/16” cotter pins for the pin that holds the floor boards on, mine came out on a few pieces and I picked up a package of 10 at a local auto parts store for $2.
My wife loves them, good luck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a set of kuryakyn on my Volusia and transferred them over to my 06 Boulevard.
On the factory foot pegs there will be a cotter pin you need to remove them then pin will slide out and the foot peg will come off. No need to remove the saddle bags. You may need a new set of 1/16” cotter pins for the pin that holds the floor boards on, mine came out on a few pieces and I picked up a package of 10 at a local auto parts store for $2.
My wife loves them, good luck.
Which one's did you get and can you post a picture? Thanks!
Mike

·
Registered
19,854 Posts
If you see a price for something on Fleabay that's "too good to be true", that's because it is. Much of the motorcycle accessories that are peddled over there are very low quality, Chinese junk (and I don't mean the boat). Nobody ever said motorcycling was inexpensive. On the contrary, it costs a lot. Just wait until you need tires!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you see a price for something on Fleabay that's "too good to be true", that's because it is. Much of the motorcycle accessories that are peddled over there are very low quality, Chinese junk (and I don't mean the boat). Nobody ever said motorcycling was inexpensive. On the contrary, it costs a lot. Just wait until you need tires!
Uh...well...I am in the middle of buying them right now. White Walls too.... OUCH. The one's on the bike are in great shape with just under 3000 miles on them, but they are 14 years old.

·
Registered
19,854 Posts
You don't want to be riding on tires that are 14 years old.

·
Super Moderator
21,763 Posts
no you don't...tires on a car...you get a flat while going 60 mph...you pull over to the side of the road and change it...you get a flat on either the front or rear tire of a mc going 60 mph, well, lets just say not a good ending and one you don't want to experience...consider it a possible life saving expenditure...sucks for what it costs but its one of the head scratching expenses we are forced to pay for riding a mc...and to add insult to the whole tire delimna, even a good mileage tire will at most get you 20k...and that will be on the front...I found the rear to usually need to be replaced anywhere between 11-15k some even less than 10k. Ride safe...watch your pressures and occasionally check your tires.

·
Registered
221 Posts
These are the floor boards I had on my Volusia and transferred to my Boulevard.
59950E94-94D1-4935-B0E8-A6FF611A04CE.jpeg

I don’t have a current picture of my Boulevard with the floor boards on it, I’ll try and get on tomorrow. I did have to buy the mounts for them separately and the mounts also went from my Volusia to my Boulevard with no issues.
My Volusia was a 2002 and my Boulevard is a 2006.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Pixs would be cool...We likey pixs here.
Pardon my Fugly sweater.
FB_IMG_1586401424564.jpg

Reactions: Ringo1965

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes sir, that does help! Thank you very much for the pictures! I'll be getting these soon and see how that works for the little lady. I have new tires coming tomorrow and getting them mounted Friday night so I can hit the road Saturday as we may actually get a break from the rain here. Lots of flooding in the area now because of record breaking amounts of rain we have gotten this week. I'm working from home this week and am sick of sitting in the damn house!

·
Registered
1 Posts
These are the floor boards I had on my Volusia and transferred to my Boulevard. View attachment 145361
I don’t have a current picture of my Boulevard with the floor boards on it, I’ll try and get on tomorrow. I did have to buy the mounts for them separately and the mounts also went from my Volusia to my Boulevard with no issues.
My Volusia was a 2002 and my Boulevard is a 2006.
Hi sorry was wondering what mounts you bought to go with these?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts