Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This question is for a buddies bike, 2006 C50T.

He just bought it as a project, the previous owner rode it with a flat rear tire until the bike refused to go any further.

It starts and runs great but it won't move. We tried putting the kickstand up, putting it into 1st, then releasing the clutch, nothing happens.

I'm at a loss here.

Any ideas?

MT

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Possible the rear drive spline has been worn down and is spinning freely. Try and put the bike on a lift to get the rear tire off the ground. Put it in gear and try to spin the tire.

Or clutch is bad.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The new tires will be here Thursday. We'll check if it spins then.

MT

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
The new tires will be here Thursday. We'll check if it spins then.

MT

The bike does not need tires for the test I suggested, just the wheel.

·
Registered
431 Posts
That sounds like the splines on the shaft are gone. Happened to me on the highway. Bike sounds fine but just won't move. 99% sure that's the issue.... let us know what you find. Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The bike does not need tires for the test I suggested, just the wheel.
Duh!!

I was meaning that with Christmas and all, then the new tires coming, I'd just wait and mess with it Thursday.

The clutch on this bike is different than on my Nomad. What would be the clutch problem that would cause it not to engage?

MT

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Yes, if the clutch is worn too far it won't engage. Search threads on clutch adjustment. Very easy to check.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Duh!!

I was meaning that with Christmas and all, then the new tires coming, I'd just wait and mess with it Thursday.

The clutch on this bike is different than on my Nomad. What would be the clutch problem that would cause it not to engage?

MT
Broken clutch cable, or the clutch end of the cable, as opposed to the hand lever end, has slipped out of its fastener. It's a mechanical lever action operated clutch instead of a hydraulic reservoir type.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the input, everyone.

I'll let you know what we find.

But right now I feel like taking my Nomad out for a short 100 mile ride.

MT

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok here's what we found.

The clutch is trash. I went to mic the first friction and it was in spec, then the second was way under minimum, then after that most didn't have any friction material. So the PO completely burned the clutch.

We ordered new steels, discs, and springs for right at $100.00.

It should be on the road next weekend.

MT

1 - 12 of 12 Posts