Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put some Yamaha VStar 1100 saddlebags on my C50.
A riding buddy has these bags and got them from a guy on craigslist super cheap. With a custom bracket and some drilling, got them mounted.
Changes the entire look of the bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
401 Posts
They fit the bike great, larger than Suzuki oems. Actually, they're from a v-star 1300, better than what came on the 1100s.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Very nice looking and they follow the contours of the bike very well. How difficult are they to take off and put back on? I have to park on the street and can't leave gear like that overnight.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Very nice. Suzuki needs to look at these pics and make some OEM bags like that. Great job

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Do you think these Yamaha hard bags from their 950 Touring model are the same?

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very nice looking and they follow the contours of the bike very well. How difficult are they to take off and put back on? I have to park on the street and can't leave gear like that overnight.
At this time, they are not going to be easy to take off. I bolted them directly on with extended fender bolts. The bags do have a push button locks though.

Going to look at figuring out how to make them quick release (if even possible).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
do they interfere with the passenger pegs at all? they look like the clear it, but cant tell by how much
They do clear, I had my wife sit on the bike to figure out how far back I would need to go. Oddly had to end up pushing the left side bag back just a tad bit more to accommodate.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you think these Yamaha hard bags from their 950 Touring model are the same?
Those are the same, but they may be smaller if they are for the 950.
I have a friend that has a V-1100 and has the same bags on his bike / haven't had a chance to get them side-x-side yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts