Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching for a Thread about putting a HID headlight Assembly off a Newer model C50 and place it on a 2001 Volusia and/ or what be involved. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
uhhh I didn't know my '06 came w/ a HID?! You mean I put that aftermarket kit in for nothing! :roll: :lol:

seriously. They don't have one. You could put in a better quality H4 bulb.
Or buy and aftermarket kit. Mine was a Harbor Freight special and low beam only. They are no longer in the catalog and I only know of 2 in my Daytona beach store for $99 Other than that you have cruise the internet an pay more for other kits.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HID

Boxwrench said:
uhhh I didn't know my '06 came w/ a HID?! You mean I put that aftermarket kit in for nothing! :roll: :lol:

Or buy and aftermarket kit. Mine was a Harbor Freight special and low beam only. They are no longer in the catalog and I only know of 2 in my Daytona beach store for $99 Other than that you have cruise the internet an pay more for other kits.
Sorry I should Have Specified My Friend has a 2007 C50, and I have a 01 volusia, I would Like to put the 08 Headlight Assembly on my 01.

Thank again

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
Re: HID

kyfishinnut said:
Boxwrench said:

Sorry I should Have Specified My Friend has a 2007 C50, and I have a 01 volusia, I would Like to put the 08 Headlight Assembly on my 01.

Thank again
The '05 and up are 7" some quick measuements should give you a guestimate to start off. Not sure of how yours mount or the mount hole spacing. try to get w/ a C50 owner and comapre.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I checked into this when the C50 first came out.. Other then the bigger bucket you will also need the C50 mounting bracket.. I am pretty sure that is the only difference.

·
Premium Member
28,465 Posts
Did you by chance check prices on buying the two pieces new Julie? I want to do this mod can't find anyone selling a C50 headlight so the only way may be to bite the bullit and buy it new. :(

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Studly said:
Did you by chance check prices on buying the two pieces new Julie? I want to do this mod can't find anyone selling a C50 headlight so the only way may be to bite the bullit and buy it new. :(
I will have to look in the old emails.. but I had talked to Dominic at Oneida back in 04/05 after the C50's came out.

·
Premium Member
28,465 Posts
So you need the mounting bracket, and the bucket. Does the headlight lens and the trim ring that holds it in work from the old unit?

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Studly said:
So you need the mounting bracket, and the bucket. Does the headlight lens and the trim ring that holds it in work from the old unit?
no you need the entire bucket (with everything) and mounting bracket

I think my quote was about 250 or so for all the pieces .. .. kinda high that is why I didnt get it

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
HOUSING, HEADLAMP
51800-10FA0 $107.24

3 BRACKET
51850-41FA0 $18.70

1-1 HEADLAMP ASSY
35100-10FB0-999 1 $160.27

boulevard Suzuki.

·
Premium Member
28,465 Posts
High but I may have to bite the bullit. My stock Vol headlight sits really far back in the faring opening and it looks a little odd. I either need to make some sort of bracket to move the existing light forward or get the C50 headlight.

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
you should see all the light buckets for sale in the J&P Store here where I live. They arn't cheap either.

·
Registered
8,398 Posts
C50 headlights are 9" and Vols are 7". Putting a fairing on the C50 required quite a bit of cutting to get it to fit over the headlight. Just something to think about if you want to change sizes. I believe the HD's use 7" on most of their bikes.

·
Premium Member
28,465 Posts
Duffy said:
C50 headlights are 9" and Vols are 7". Putting a fairing on the C50 required quite a bit of cutting to get it to fit over the headlight. Just something to think about if you want to change sizes. I believe the HD's use 7" on most of their bikes.
I appreciate that info but thankfully it's not a problem for me, I have a Hoppe Industries Quadzilla faring and the headlight area is big enough to accomidate the Volusia or the C50 headlihgt. This is mostly a personal choice where I think it looks better with the C50 unit is all. 8)

·
Premium Member
28,465 Posts
Boxwrench said:
HOUSING, HEADLAMP
51800-10FA0 $107.24

3 BRACKET
51850-41FA0 $18.70

1-1 HEADLAMP ASSY
35100-10FB0-999 1 $160.27

boulevard Suzuki.
So all together it's almost $300 for all the parts needed to make this swap then right? And your right, aftermarket headlights are not cheap either. :(

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
not sure if the back and front are the complete assemblies. ther are a bunch of small stuff listed to $5 to death you too.
You will hafta look at the fische at Boulevard Suzuki. Thier price don't seem too bad.

·
Premium Member
28,465 Posts
Thank you Boxwrench, I appreciate the assistance with the figures and such. 8)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How about the driver/transformer for the HID bulb, Where is it located on the C50, Is there one? Thanks to everyone for all the input, I will stop by Suzuki tomorrow and get a quote.

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
kyfishinnut said:
How about the driver/transformer for the HID bulb, Where is it located on the C50, Is there one? Thanks to everyone for all the input, I will stop by Suzuki tomorrow and get a quote.
There isn't one stock. You will hafta find a kit aftermarket and install it yourself. Like I did.

best you could do is get Pia replacment Xenon H4 halogen or one by GE......er sliver somthing

·
Premium Member
28,465 Posts
Boxwrench said:
kyfishinnut said:
There isn't one stock. You will hafta find a kit aftermarket and install it yourself. Like I did.

best you could do is get Pia replacment Xenon H4 halogen or one by GE......er sliver somthing
Man that looks awful on your bike. You should take the whole bucket and bracket off and just send it to me. You'll feel so much better. :p :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts