Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. New to the site. I recently purchased a 2003 Suzuki VL800. I love the bike, great for a new rider like myself, except the previous owner installed Vance and Hines drag pipes on the bike and they are simply too loud for me, even with earplugs and after having installed the supposedly quiet "super Q" VH baffles. I am looking for options to return to stock exhaust or something similar, with that in mind, I would really appreciate some input on two main questions. The first: are 05-09 C50 exhaust/mufflers interchangeable with 2001-2004 VL800s? I was looking at this on ebay: 05-09 Suzuki Boulevard M50 VZ800 Exhaust Muffler OEM | eBay It would be great if it fit, both cost wise and condition wise, and would solve my issue. The second question: are there aftermarket options that are similar to stock exhaust? Any help would be awesome, as I rode for two hours last weekend and my right ear is still ringing. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
20,274 Posts
There is no change in the exhaust in either the VL800 or VZ800 since they were introduced. Model year is irrelevant.

Most aftermarket exhausts are geared to be loud, rather than pleasant. I had Vance &Hines Cruzers on my C50and thought they were pleasant, WITH the quiet core baffles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is no change in the exhaust in either the VL800 or VZ800 since they were introduced. Model year is irrelevant.

Most aftermarket exhausts are geared to be loud, rather than pleasant. I had Vance &Hines Cruzers on my C50and thought they were pleasant, WITH the quiet core baffles.
Thanks for the response! I will buy a c50 muffler as they are far more ubiquitous than VL800s and in better shape.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Only thing you may have to do is plug a threaded hole in the C50 pipes. I have a 2003 Vol as well, so I'm not certain whether the newer fuel injected C50 has O2 sensors. If so, you can just plug the hole with a bolt or plumbing fitting.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I put a set from a 2007 C50 on my 2002 Volusia several years ago and they bolted right on and there were no O2 sensor holes to plug.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I put a set from a 2007 C50 on my 2002 Volusia several years ago and they bolted right on and there were no O2 sensor holes to plug.
After some research, it appears to only be models sold in California that have O2 sensors and then only late year models. So odds are most used exhaust will not have an O2 sensor.

·
Registered
305 Posts
After some research, it appears to only be models sold in California that have O2 sensors and then only late year models. So odds are most used exhaust will not have an O2 sensor.
Good to know, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi all. New to the site. I recently purchased a 2003 Suzuki VL800. I love the bike, great for a new rider like myself, except the previous owner installed Vance and Hines drag pipes on the bike and they are simply too loud for me, even with earplugs and after having installed the supposedly quiet "super Q" VH baffles. I am looking for options to return to stock exhaust or something similar, with that in mind, I would really appreciate some input on two main questions. The first: are 05-09 C50 exhaust/mufflers interchangeable with 2001-2004 VL800s? I was looking at this on ebay: 05-09 Suzuki Boulevard M50 VZ800 Exhaust Muffler OEM | eBay It would be great if it fit, both cost wise and condition wise, and would solve my issue. The second question: are there aftermarket options that are similar to stock exhaust? Any help would be awesome, as I rode for two hours last weekend and my right ear is still ringing. Thanks in advance!
Just a thought if I was you I would put those vance and hine up on the market for 250 to 350 and get most if not all of your money back ,dont just let them set around

1 - 8 of 8 Posts