Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The axle spacer for the c50 I am going to use in my c90 final drive mod #64772-34201 is a larger diameter on one end than another,does it make a difference which end I shorten to get the 2 7/8 length? Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
I always shorten it to 2 7/8" and take it off the short end with a grinder while the spacers in my lathe. How had a bad fit yet.. done several drives and installs.

·
Registered
795 Posts
From what I read elsewhere on this forum and just for clarification it's 2 7/8" if you have spoke wheels but it's 2 15/16" if you have cast wheels.

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
From what I read elsewhere on this forum and just for clarification it's 2 7/8" if you have spoke wheels but it's 2 15/16" if you have cast wheels.
There is some tolerance on cast wheels. They use two bearings on the drive side and it is possible to press them into the wheel hub a little further than spoke wheels, that would make a slightly longer spacer desireable.

With tolerances it really is best to take on site measurements rather than rely completely on posted dimensions.

How do they say that......."however your results may vary". :wayhappy:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts