Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I just got my 2006 C50 Black Edition but it did not come with a manual. In everyone's experience how far can you go once the gas light comes on? What is the most anyone has got out of one tank?

Thank you,

Jeff

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
Welcome to the site.

mine around 144mi and it starts to flash all the time. I'tll flash to if your getting low and slosh the tank around on sharp maneuvers.

dunno. I get gas before the light goes solid.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WOW...210?! That's amazing...mine starts flashing around 135 or so and thats when I just pull in to get some gas. How large is the tank on the 06 C50? (these are all questions I probably should have asked the dealer) but thanks guys!

·
Administrator
53,919 Posts
Welcome from SW Florida!

Congrats on the machine purchase!

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
4.1 gallons

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any mods that you all would suggest getting to help performance? I know I want to get louder pipes, but other than that not sure what else.

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
if the is on all the time you have about 20 miles to find gass.

·
Registered
168 Posts
05 c50 mine comes on around 140-150 miles.You should have about 1 gallon left in your tank.My rule is when the light comes,I get gas.I also monitor the mileage with one of the trip meters.
Mileage all depends on how much I "PLAY",like gunning the throttle.
If I play, I get about 43mpg.If I drive 55-60,I have got as much as 53mpg.

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
LakesideBoulevard said:
Any mods that you all would suggest getting to help performance? I know I want to get louder pipes, but other than that not sure what else.
remember: + performance = - mpg.

a DJ drive.

aftermarket pipe or as some think, drilled out stock pipes,

a differnt intake

aftermarket fuel processor.

I am putting on the drive, Vance & hines Cruzers, and a GMan Bully Processor and a Kuryakn High five inhaler.

·
Registered
99,999 Posts
WELCOME from Texas.

Pete

·
Registered
99,999 Posts
LakesideBoulevard said:
My dealer recommended that I get the power commander and a K&N air filter to go with my Vance and Hines Cruzers exhaust so I did.

I took out the packing from the Cruzers for a louder and deeper sound.

Good decision. Great performance.

Good luck,

Pete

·
Registered
99,999 Posts
Boxwrench said:
Welcome to the site.

mine around 144mi and it starts to flash all the time. I'tll flash to if your getting low and slosh the tank around on sharp maneuvers.

dunno. I get gas before the light goes solid.
Tom's Shell must be in Texas 'cause that's what the price of gas is going for around here. Arm, leg and first born.......OUCH !!!

Pete

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
LakesideBoulevard said:
Hey all,

I just got my 2006 C50 Black Edition but it did not come with a manual. In everyone's experience how far can you go once the gas light comes on? What is the most anyone has got out of one tank?

Thank you,

Jeff
You have a little over four gallon tank capacity. The light comes on when there is one gallon left in the tank.

This tip works for me... When you fill up set one of the the trip meters to 0. So when the light comes on, look at the trip meter, divide by three (3 gal) and the result is how many miles you can go on that last gallon..

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
What Bass tried to say in a quiet and sensible way ( :lol: ) is that you should definitely get a good manual like a CLYMER for your bike, you will need it all the time and the one that comes with it from factory is vague and covers only very basics ;)

BTW, I keep track of fuel in an Excel sheet. '05 C50, OEM windshield, DJ final drive mod, 250 lbs of driver ... average around 47 mpg. Significantly lower in colder weather or when I'm heavy on the throttle. I have seen mileages from upper 30s to mid 50s depending on the season, amount of steady highway driving and throttle aggressiveness.

basshole said:
BUY A MANUAL!

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
Moe , I belive basshole meant buy an owners manual. Having a clymers would not be a bad Idea too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts