Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
On the other hand,I have a 2008 C50T that has 102000 (yes= 102000) miles on it. still running strong with other than normal maintenance items i.ve replaced the starter and the clutch

·
Registered
17 Posts
Coming from an engineering perspective, particularly a bearing and lubrication perspective im quite curious as to how a motor locked up, especially one with virtually no miles and oil. I would suspect previous owner before I suspected the manufacturer. Does the motor not turn at all? Like completely seized? That would be pretty hairy if it happened out on a ride...

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I had a 2002 Volusia that I sold in 2009 with somewhere between 60,00- 70,000 miles. It ran great and didn't really have issues that I was aware of. In fact I rode it from PA to every state between Main and Florida. That may have been the key, as even though these bikes have a limited life, the ones that keep being ridden instead of sitting seem to do better, in my opinion. Maybe it had a life of short and infrequent trips and something got sludged internally. The Nomad that I replaced it with has been reliable. I have almost 80,000 miles on it, and I wouldn't hesitate to ride it anywhere. But then 1600 cc's would be expected to put the miles on a bit easier than 800, I suppose. Anyway, it would be great if it was an easy fix, but it honestly may not be...

21 - 24 of 24 Posts