Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a 2004 VL800 with a warped rear fender and a front fender with deep scratches and gouges. I found a website that carries replacement parts but I'm not certain what model of fenders are right for my bike and I'm not sure how to tell. The Options include K1, K2, K3, K4, and K5. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think the number is the year, so you would need the K4.
Mine is a 2006 and the code is K6.

·
Registered
19,910 Posts
The underlying fender is the same from 2001 to 2010 or so, then Suzuki introduced a new subtly different fender for the bike. They are all still plastic, the difference between model years being color options, although you can always have it painted.
Yes, the fenders are expensive. No there are no bolt on aftermarket options.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I wonder would getting them fixed up and sprayed be less expensive? Compitent body shops/ spray shops can do a real nice job usually.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wonder would getting them fixed up and sprayed be less expensive? Compitent body shops/ spray shops can do a real nice job usually.
Ive considered that for the front fender, but the back fender is cracked and warped in a few different places, id rather just replace it than try and reshape it, fix the cracks, and get it repainted. I was also considering having the fenders and tank repainted at some point anyway. So maybe by just replacing them i can kill two birds with one stone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The underlying fender is the same from 2001 to 2010 or so, then Suzuki introduced a new subtly different fender for the bike. They are all still plastic, the difference between model years being color options, although you can always have it painted.
Yes, the fenders are expensive. No there are no bolt on aftermarket options.
Ok, so just as i was thinking, I can buy any fender from the options k1 through k5 and it should fit onto the bike?

·
Registered
19,910 Posts
Yes, it will be a direct fit. You will have to reuse the fender support from the old one and the paint won't match, but at least you'll have a fender.

·
Registered
120 Posts
You may want to take the opportunity to clean and paint your fender support while it is off the bike.
We get a fair bit of rain here, and the roads are gritted in the winter, so corrosion is an issue.
Mine was starting to look tired, so I took the surface rust off and used Hammerite black.
Not a paint shop job by any means, but better than nothing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts