Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a best time of the year to buy tires? Any reputable websites that give good deals? I have heard that you get tires manufactured from years ago.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
check local for installed price and compare to installation cost plus web cost, sometimes its close

I prefer buying some thing local, tires being one of them

·
Registered
20,044 Posts
The only way to really control the quality of the tire you put on your bike is to purchase and have it installed locally. The dealer will often allow you to inspect the tire BEFORE you agree to have it installed, so you can perform your due diligence. There are a few maintenance items even I will cheap out on from time to time. Tires is never one of them.

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
I've found a local dealer that has prices lower than cost+shipping from the motorcycle online stores plus as has been stated, you can see what you are purchasing. The dealer I use is a Yamaha/Honda dealer but is close by and does good work. They go through a lot of tires so I know they are not "old".

·
Registered
61 Posts
I got mine from dennis kirk. tires are only 2 months old by the date. got the metzler 880 wide whites for 300 to the door. free shipping. 170/80/15 rear and 150/80/16 front. love the tires. the local dealer was 400 plus install of 40 each.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Went to my local shop for a set of Metzeler ME 880 White Walls. They wanted $500 for the pair, not including installation. Install is $75 per tire. I thought that was rather steep so I shopped around and bought a set this week from Motorcycle Superstore for $375 + free shipping. I'll pay the install and save myself $125 thank you.

I'm all for using the local shop, but sometimes you need to shop around.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Get tires local,,, it's works out to the same by thine they install.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
I get my Metz 880 white wall at a local shop installed for $400.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I was just looking at tires on line. I'm getting the shinko 777 white walls. Found them for 260$ + tax shipped,
The shop said $345 installed. In the end might be 10$ in the difference.
So get them local.
I know some of you guys say there no good ! They'll be fine

·
Registered
452 Posts
I was just looking at tires on line. I'm getting the shinko 777 white walls. Found them for 260$ + tax shipped,
The shop said $345 installed. In the end might be 10$ in the difference.
So get them local.
I know some of you guys say there no good ! They'll be fine
Bagger,
Keep looking. I bought a set from Ron Ayers three weeks ago for $156 with free shipping.

Good hunting

·
Registered
341 Posts
Bagger,
Keep looking. I bought a set from Ron Ayers three weeks ago for $156 with free shipping.

Good hunting
A set,, I'm in canada. It's hard to get them shipped here

·
Registered
341 Posts
Bought a set of Michelin commanders for $311 free shipping from canada motorcycle superstore
Back tire at local store was $292 plus mounting

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Just looked price is fine but only have 16 " in the shinko 777....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts