1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Your patience will be rewarded :)

·
Administrator
52,345 Posts
Buying a motorcycle in the winter is like getting engaged and waiting until the wedding night to...
Just use the down time to add items such as, Stebel Horn, under tank LED glow lighting, add an LED board to the tail light, replace that lower rear fender reflector with a rectangular LED light, if no light-bar, add that too.

Remove the fuel tank and while the fuel tank is removed, check the valve adjustment & replace the valve cover seals, change the motor oil & filter (make sure old filter gasket is removed before installing new filter), and change the spark plugs.

Before replacing that fuel tank:
Flush & change the coolant, check the condition of the fuel hoses and wires under the fuel tank, then wire up a radio system, complete with amp.

Check wheels for loose/broken/badly worn spokes, check the drive-shaft for proper lubrication, and change the differential lube.

That should keep You busy for another month, at least. :shades:

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks PsycO. The bike has some of those mods already (hard to see in the pic). I have some slightly better weather and can do some more work.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
While my wife is budget conscious, she is great about spending money to make me happy. At the moment though, enough has been spent on the bike. Will have to wait 'til my birthday for anything else I want. Although if it makes me safer, she would likely be for it.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
While my wife is budget conscious, she is great about spending money to make me happy. At the moment though, enough has been spent on the bike. Will have to wait 'til my birthday for anything else I want. Although if it makes me safer, she would likely be for it.
Just when I think I've added everything I want to, another idea just POPS into my head. It's dangerous when paypal makes it so darned easy! :wayhappy:

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Just remember.. all good things are worth waiting for.
When the weather allows , the first few rides will be like heaven.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts