Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I've been waffling for a couple of months now between adding some more stuff to my bike or getting a bigger bike. I really want some hard bags, and something more comfortable for highway riding. I've been drawn to the Nomad for quite a while, and ridden a couple of used ones.

Out of the blue, a H-D Electra Glide appeared on the For Sale list at my work, and I went to check it out today. I was all set for it to blow me away, but as soon as I sat on it, I knew it wasn't for me. I took it for a bit of a spin, but it just didn't click with me, so I passed on it. To tell you the truth, I liked my current bike more.

On the way home, I stopped by a really great Kawasaki dealer in my town and asked if his offer from a week ago was still good. He said it was and so out came some cash for a down payment. It's a new 2007, black and silver color, and I am so excited to get it out on the road. I'll pick it up in a few days when the rest of the money arrives.

I love my C50, and as my first bike, it'll be a little sad to see it go. I am going to be taking some of the trinkets off and offering for sale here soon to fund a Mustang and maybe some other goodies for the Nomad. So stay tuned for some parts to be listed.

And of course, this is still going to be the first bike site I visit everytime I fire up the web browser. I joined here before I got my bike, and the information and expertise confirmed that it was the right choice for me at the time. We have a great thing here and I hope it never ends.

Thanks,
SuperDuty

·
Super Moderator
60,470 Posts
Great choice. It's the same as mine. I know you wanted one for awhile. You're going to love it. If you need a site you may as well join Kawanow.

·
Super Moderator
60,470 Posts
Smokey, how ya healing up? I hope you're about ready to ride. Your mishap was so unfortunate.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Congratulations! The Nomad is a super bike, although that silver paint is going to slow you down a little. As we all know, all black is the fastest :lol: Enjoy your new bike. Also, pay a visit to kawanow.org, it's a Nomad owners forum, and a source of really good information for you.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
beezer said:
Smokey, how ya healing up? I hope you're about ready to ride. Your mishap was so unfortunate.
Hey Beez! I'm just sittin' here vegetating! :lol: I think I'm making some progress, it's just so damned slow!! I'll get fresh xrays Monday, then see my surgeon Thursday. He originally said I could probably expect to be riding again by June. Three weeks ago he started backing away from that estimate, and talking August or September. I'll never last that long! All this beautiful ridin' weather, and me stuck here! :x
I AM able to walk unaided now; no walker or cane, just still limping some because I can't move my ankle fully with that pin at an angle through it. All the other hardware isn't inhibiting my range of motion, only that one pin. I'm gonna push the doc some Thursday to see if he'll turn me loose to ride sooner than later. The Nomad is just sittin' there in the garage callin' me! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks for askin' Bud! :D

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Smokey, I'm glad to hear you're doing better. Man, that's gotta be tough sitting there with your lonely Nomad patiently awaiting your return to riding.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
cactusjack said:
Smokey, I'm glad to hear you're doing better. Man, that's gotta be tough sitting there with your lonely Nomad patiently awaiting your return to riding.
Yep............................it IS! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Glad your still healing Smokey. Remember Doc's always err on the side of safety. You'll be on again before you know it. Keep us posted on your progress.

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
I really like the Nomad and it was sooo comfortable to sit on it (and it's larger cousing, the Vulcan 2000 Classic). But I was shocked when I heard that they need Premium fuel and only get in the low to mid 30s for gas mileague :shock: I guess that's the trade-off for having a much larger and more powerful mill.

·
Premium Member
20,380 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!!!!

·
Super Moderator
60,470 Posts
moenko said:
I really like the Nomad and it was sooo comfortable to sit on it (and it's larger cousing, the Vulcan 2000 Classic). But I was shocked when I heard that they need Premium fuel and only get in the low to mid 30s for gas mileague :shock: I guess that's the trade-off for having a much larger and more powerful mill.
I got about 45 on a normal day of riding with mine. The extra dollar or so for premium gas won't be missed.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
moenko said:
I know Nomad riders who run 89 octane, and those who claim 40-44 mpg. I was averaging 36-38 on premium when I had to stop riding for a while. If you are going to ride a relatively large displacement, mildly tuned, heavy traveling machine, you won't really expect great mileage.

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Smokey said:
moenko said:
I know Nomad riders who run 89 octane, and those who claim 40-44 mpg. I was averaging 36-38 on premium when I had to stop riding for a while. If you are going to ride a relatively large displacement, mildly tuned, heavy traveling machine, you won't really expect great mileage.
I would say that is an accepted trade-off for a bike that would (probably) ride like a two-wheeled Cadillac. After I sat on that and the 2000 and went back to the C50, she felt like a toy to me (by the dimensions and weight). I guess if you're about 6 1/2 feet tall, those big cruisers will really be a huge improv in the comfort department. But for now, I got my C50 the way I want it and I will ride her for a while :wink:

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Smokey said:
<snip>The Nomad is just sittin' there in the garage callin' me! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks for askin' Bud! :D
I will be more than happy to take the old girl out for a spin sometime for you. I would hate for her to get old and stiff...

LOL

Glad you are doing better my friend!

·
Registered
497 Posts
You will love the Nomad. I love mine. I went from a 05 C50 to an 07 black Nomad. I loved the c50, but I do not miss it.

Ride On.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts