Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my C50 used off Craigslist. It came in pretty good condition, but the PO had put on some cheapo turn signals. After a few hundred miles, both of my front turn signals had cut out. After some investigation, it looks like the mount inside the turn signal housing was made of cheap plastic and broke loose, allowing the bulbs to bounce around inside, and when they blew they melted to the plastic lenses. Any ideas on how to fix them so they won't come loose? I didn't really worry about it before because Colorado doesn't require you to have turn signals, but I'm about to go on my first big trip on a motorcycle and figured I should probably get this sorted out first.

I wish I could have pictures for you guys, but I just dropped her off at the shop for the 12k mile checkup.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
IMHO, search eBay for replacements. You can get them much cheaper than the dealer or Bikebandit. Just did the same thing myself....housing rusted out. They are not hard to install.

Good luck!

·
Registered
20,154 Posts
Sounds like they need to just be replaced.
Someone here may have some they will let go.
Are they the front or rear and were they the originals?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are front and I doubt they were the originals. I would order some off ebay, but I'd be worried if they would be bright enough.
Also, they most likely would not get here before I leave. I'm really just looking for a temporary fix until I can get back from my trip and replace them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts