Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a headlight reflector with broken glass so I can chip out the rest of it and get the adjusting ring off of it in order to use another type of 7" bulb ... Yes, I am occasionally bored and have too much time on my hands... anyway, if anyone has one they are throwing out I would sure appreciate it.
Nick

# 3 in she schematic below

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Why? All you need to do is CAREFULLY remove the lens retaining rim (part 3a) from the reflector and cut the silicone to remove the lens. Took less than a minute to do it to mine. if you want to put it back to original later you just have to silicone the old lens back in. (literally just disassembled mine, was sitting in a box by my computer, so gave it a try)

EDIT: Don't try to bend the little tabs, instead carefully push the edges of the ring near the tabs forwards (towards the lens side) the tabs will slide out and around on their own without bending, mangling or otherwise permanently damaging the rim.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seriously? This comes apart?

Ok. So I skeptically took your advice.
I have cut out the silicone and the light ain't moving so I have it in the oven to loosen it up - it works on car headlights and they are plastic - anyway, I find it hard to believe that this metal seam comes apart but I am at the point of no return and it is supposed to snow again tomorrow anyway so I have an extra day to figure it out (can't ride with no headlight)
I need just the adjusting ring to attach to the new reflector.
That said,
If you want to sell me your taken apart one, or anyone has a busted glass headlight they will sell me cheap, I'm still in the market.

OR.
Anyone who has done the 7" jw speaker or other headlight mod and has advice I'd love some direction.
Thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep. All one piece

Well, it did come apart with 10 minutes in a 250' oven
But as feared, it is all one piece.
Guess its time to get out the dremel? There has GOT to be a better /other way to do this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts