Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Would anyone be able to help me fix my float problem? My first bike and the float got stuck 2 days after I bought it. Not sure if I need to completely take the carburetor out. I have an '06 Boulevard s40

·
Super Moderator
24,344 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

I'm afraid I'm not much help on that, haven't ever had to deal with a stuck float, but hang on a bit and someone will be happy to help. Just wanted to welcome you on your first post.

·
Registered
19,423 Posts
Yes, you need to remove the carb from the bike. The good news is on the LS650/S40 it is relatively easy to do since there is just the single cylinder. Remove the tank, remove the air box, disconnect the fuel an vacuum lines and remove the carb. Just an FYI. The screws on the carb are JIS, not standard Phillips head screws. If you do not use a JIS screwdriver, you will strip them before backing them out. Once you have the carb apart, then you can go ahead and fix the stuck float AND do a few tuning mods to let it run better than factory settings. Anything and everything you have ever wanted to know is found on Suzukisavage.com. I am Skrapiron_FSO (Former Savage Owner) over there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts